Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    We should move to RFID, then we can do away with lanyards, and quickly survey room populations, and make it easier to track DefCon people.

On a serious note, the beads that made people's necks turn black would not be too bad if it were not for the turning people's necks black.

Also, there was a time when lanyards were not even necessary, and I've even got one or more DefCon badges that used a "clip-on" somewhere around here. (I prefer lanyards over clip-ons.) And with one, it had a clip-on, but I replaced that with a lanyard that had a clip-on.

The move to lanyards was a good idea, and the idea to use lanyard "loops" instead of clips was a good idea.

Beyond the above, I liked all of the loop lanyards that looped through the badges, for a more secure connection. Clips=bad. Continuous lanyards that loop through badges=good.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltage Spike
    Of course not, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I don't hear anyone arguing with ck3k about the Shmoocon lanyards ... and the good news is that I hear we have an "in" with those guys.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't see any problem with surveying people and getting a good feel for what people want. If there are ways to improve, certainly, by all means, it should be done. I've never been to defcon (and with my wife to be nearly 8 months pregnant by this year's defcon, I won't be there this year either), but I did like the shmoo lanyards, that is a good place to start.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by theprez98
    You will never satisfy everyone with one style.
    Of course not, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I don't hear anyone arguing with ck3k about the Shmoocon lanyards ... and the good news is that I hear we have an "in" with those guys.

Originally posted by astcell
    One year the beaded lanyward was black and I swear it must have been done with a marker - the black wore off on everyone's neck.
    My money was on spraypaint. Too bad the nickname "blackneck" never took hold.

Those steel plates were pretty cool, though...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Originally posted by theprez98
    You will never satisfy everyone with one style. For someone, it will always be too short, too long, too wide, too narrow, not the right material or color, or whatever. Just pick something and stick with it, and those that aren't satisfied can buy or bring their own.

For the most part I have no complaints. One year the beaded lanyward was black and I swear it must have been done with a marker - the black wore off on everyone's neck. It happens.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied
    You will never satisfy everyone with one style. For someone, it will always be too short, too long, too wide, too narrow, not the right material or color, or whatever. Just pick something and stick with it, and those that aren't satisfied can buy or bring their own.

Leave a comment:

• haden
    replied
    why not just go to hottopic and buy a bunch of different shoelaces and sell them there? or just go and buy your own?

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied
    I must say I am a big fan of the lanyards that shmoocon has been using, soft material, and black ;) I guess you can always import your own lanyard. If price is an issue why not have an offical couple of lanyards for sell at the little company (defcon) store, One can never have to many lanyards.

Leave a comment:

• blackbeetle
    replied
    Why we haven

Wider = sweatier
    Longer = more $$$ - not a standard length lanyard

Last year there were complaints that the 3/4" lanyard was too wide as opposed to the 1/2 inch from years previous.

Leave a comment:

• telco88
    started a topic Better lanyards

Better lanyards

A longer and higher quality lanyard would be a great thing to add to a new location this year. Something a little wider and a touch longer would be fabulous.

This might be an item that a vendor would consider selling? I know I would buy one.
Working...
X