Robots rule. Cot bots dominate ;)

I said Cotbot.

LosT

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: Good idea!

Originally posted by veruus
    Don't worry about digging up old threads. Your ass will be taken care of by TheCotMan's robot hall monitors shortly. You will be shipped to a penal colony where you will be forced to write the DEFCON forum rules on the back of postage stamps. Have fun.
    Heh heh. he said "penal" heh-heh. heh-heh hrm.

This topic has come up outside the forums several times, and someone asked me about reviving this thread with a status query or starting a new one. I did not see any harm with reival of this topic, since it is still an issue, pre-con, includes the history of what was discussed, and the question is of value to many people-- not just the person asking the question.

The general guideline for posting to old threads has to do with value in the new post vs. age of the thread.

Now, where did I put my robot hall monitors.

[Added:]
    Oh yes, and anyone that subscribed to the thread and wanted answer will hopefully get notice if an official answer does appear.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Re: Better lanyards

Originally posted by hackajar
    Tis true, but how fast can a hacker really run, I mean, really

Best post this year!!!!

Leave a comment:

• veruus
    replied

Originally posted by Tacitus
    Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but is any system along these lines going to be in place for DC14?
    Don't worry about digging up old threads. Your ass will be taken care of by TheCotMan's robot hall monitors shortly. You will be shipped to a penal colony where you will be forced to write the DEFCON forum rules on the back of postage stamps. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied

Originally posted by astcell
    How about having black badge holders pick up a souvenir badge after Defcon is over? That way it will have no admission value.

Assuming we don't run out of badges.
    Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    Not a bad aidea! We can set asside a small batch of badges and see how many people take advantage of it. Thanks guys!
    Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but is any system along these lines going to be in place for DC14?

Leave a comment:

• Rescue
    replied
    FWIW, my vote is for something like this with the standard defcon wording and colours or, for the smaller power cord types.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCotMan
    Would this make it easier for someone to grab a badge and run away with it?
    Tis true, but how fast can a hacker really run, I mean, really

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by hackajar
    Better Lanyards - What about getting a style that includes the break away feature on top of lanyard? Too many times I "got into a situation" where the thing tugged in a direction my body was not intending on going.
    Would this make it easier for someone to grab a badge and run away with it?

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied
    Better Lanyards - What about getting a style that includes the break away feature on top of lanyard? Too many times I "got into a situation" where the thing tugged in a direction my body was not intending on going.

Leave a comment:

• thef007
    replied
    i liked the ones we had last year, wasn't to sweaty and the material was soft.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I thought the black rub off paint was a part of an evil plan, because a day or two later you got to see where people would put these chains at night.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Oh how I hated handing out those black ball-chain lanyards. I went so far as having house keeping bring towels up to the registration desk to pre-wife off as much of the paint as possible.

Other than that ONE year.. I believe all the others I have handed out have been nice.

*never actualy USED one.. used the previous years*

tw

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by veruus
    The lanyards have always been pretty good. I don't know what the deal is with you sweaty freaks getting black necks. A programmable scrolling LED would be awesome though. :)

<marquee>urmomlol</marquee>

:D
    if you didnt get a black neck, then you wern't really there! poser!

Leave a comment:

• veruus
    replied
    The lanyards have always been pretty good. I don't know what the deal is with you sweaty freaks getting black necks. A programmable scrolling LED would be awesome though. :)

<marquee>urmomlol</marquee>

:D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X