Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhat confirmations?

Hi,

The BlackHat CFP says that they will send a confirmation within 48 hours of submission. (Confirmation means they received the submission, not that it's accepted.)

I submitted to Blackhat USA 2006 last week.
    After 72 hours, I resubmitted it from a different email account -- I assumed that it was eaten by a spam filter.
    It's been another 72 hours and I still haven't received a confirmation. So my question is: are they sending out confirmations?
    (Last time I presented at Blackhat, I didn't receive a confirmation -- but I was under the impression that it was a fluke.)
    Has anyone submitted and received a confirmation?

-guano

Originally posted by guano
    Hi,

The BlackHat CFP says that they will send a confirmation within 48 hours of submission. (Confirmation means they received the submission, not that it's accepted.)

I submitted to Blackhat USA 2006 last week.
    After 72 hours, I resubmitted it from a different email account -- I assumed that it was eaten by a spam filter.
    It's been another 72 hours and I still haven't received a confirmation. So my question is: are they sending out confirmations?
    (Last time I presented at Blackhat, I didn't receive a confirmation -- but I was under the impression that it was a fluke.)
    Has anyone submitted and received a confirmation?

-guano
    I got a confirmation within a day of submitting my talk, but I submitted the day the CFP opened. Maybe they have just gotten behind?
    The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
      I got a confirmation within a day of submitting my talk, but I submitted the day the CFP opened. Maybe they have just gotten behind?
      Hmmm...
      I submitted on 11-Feb-2006 (sent from my own domain) and 15-Feb-2006 (sent from my gmail account).
      Today is 22-Feb-2006, no confirmations yet.

Oh well... there's always CSI, LISA, USENIX, and other conferences.
      Last edited by guano; February 23, 2006, 08:34.

Comment

Working...
      X