Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goathead
    replied
    Re: Why [do we have a 'Quarks' Subforum]?

Quarks has been deleted.

eof

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied
    Re: Why [do we have a 'Quarks' Subforum]?

No one will know about it now.

Al

Leave a comment:

• octalpus
    replied
    Re: Why?

Originally posted by Xodia
    Hasn't this always been just been an event for the regulars? I think some of the fun(given, I have only gone once) was the fact that it wasn't listed anywhere. It was sort of just a get together among friends. Heck, I wasn't even sure I was allowed to go before people asked if I was going.

This just seems to open it up to everyone and without sounding like a high school cheerleading captain, this is just sort of for our clique. The people who need to know about it will and any new people would find out from hearing people talk(or being invited). It just doesn't really warrant a sub-forum in my opinion.

Thats just my two cents. It probably came off sounding way more snobby than I meant it to be. Hopefully you folks understand what I mean.
    Agreed. Especially since those who have generally done the planning have officially thrown up their hands and said "fuck it, I'm not dealing with it this year".

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Re: Why?

So what day and time do i show up predrunk to Quarks?

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by KeLviN
    Fuck you! you didnt even show up till 30min before everyone left! ....almost like you planned it that way...... bastard.....

Actually...I think I showed up this year right at the start. Can't remember for sure..I was (shockingly enough) drunk already.

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    Fuck that guy.
    I think it's amazing that he's been there since (at least) DC10 and isn't running the place yet. Of course, he could be one of the Klingons that seem to give me shit every year, I haven't checked in a while.

Leave a comment:

• KeLviN
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris
    Fuck that guy.
    Fuck you! you didnt even show up till 30min before everyone left! ....almost like you planned it that way...... bastard.....

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by renderman
    All that really matters is that Greg is there...

Fuck that guy.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I like that it is sort of secret, like Strippercon was at DC8. You had to know someone who knew someone, and that made it a rather select group. Everyone was vetted by someone else. Granted anyone may show up or tag along, but I too, like Xodia, believe that some things ought to remain out of print and advertised by word of mouth only.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied
    The other thing to note is that Quarks is usually on tuesday and only the most insane and hardcore Defcon'rs are around at that point (Blackhat attendee's not withstanding)

It's generally been a well known secret anyways, so it should'nt matter.

All that really matters is that Greg is there...

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied
    Originally posted by converge
    So I'm not sure exactly how exclusive it is, just something that has been word of mouth. Besides.. how many people are going to show up that early that aren't Defcon/Blackhat regulars?
    I'm glad it isn't real exclusive. Last year I couldn't have gone if it was. Part of the fun was its under the radar status (even though after searching there have been threads about it). Having its own forum makes it into just another Defcon social event which could make it awkward when new people show up and everyone already knows each other. I welcome new people, but at Defcon I have learned too many new people can oftentimes be a bad thing.
    But you make a good point. I doubt alot of non-regulars would show up anyways.
    Last edited by Xodia; February 28, 2006, 14:46.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    I debated that as well and came to the conclusion that most people who would care are going to be forum-goers anyways .. *shrug* To be completely frank, there sure were a lot more people there at DC12 than DC11 .. and from the group that I remember went/tried at DC10 .. the DC11 group doubled it. So I'm not sure exactly how exclusive it is, just something that has been word of mouth. Besides.. how many people are going to show up that early that aren't Defcon/Blackhat regulars?

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    started a topic Why [do we have a 'Quarks' Subforum]?

Why [do we have a 'Quarks' Subforum]?

Hasn't this always been just been an event for the regulars? I think some of the fun(given, I have only gone once) was the fact that it wasn't listed anywhere. It was sort of just a get together among friends. Heck, I wasn't even sure I was allowed to go before people asked if I was going.

This just seems to open it up to everyone and without sounding like a high school cheerleading captain, this is just sort of for our clique. The people who need to know about it will and any new people would find out from hearing people talk(or being invited). It just doesn't really warrant a sub-forum in my opinion.

Thats just my two cents. It probably came off sounding way more snobby than I meant it to be. Hopefully you folks understand what I mean.
Working...
X