classic rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic rides

What are your choices amongst the golden oldies?

Datsun Zed

Firebird

I dont see this being a very active topic as this isn't an automobile forum. (I could be wrong.) But whatever, I like the 1971 Hemicuda, green with black stripes. Maybe you should go to automotiveforums.com I think you may belong there. 3 of your 5 of your posts have been on cars.

-Isn't this revival of a dead thread? Or a duped thread? Or both? -bad idea in general
    http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=4699

The automotive place is really a good site. You should check it out.
    Last edited by Beginner; March 26, 2006, 14:09. Reason: I overlooked something
    "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

I am in the process of restoring a 1970 Chevele SS. In doing so I've come to realize that hacking can apply to restoring old cars. If I could post a picture of it I would, but as mentioned, this isn't a car forum. There is some tech related to restoring this old car. The SS dash has a circuit board that has a broken circuit. I am planning on soldering in a jumper wire to repair the circuit because it is only the gauge light circuit. A new board will run me about $89.00, I can spend 5 minutes with a soldering iron and save some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Clp727
        I am in the process of restoring a 1970 Chevele SS....A new board will run me about $89.00, I can spend 5 minutes with a soldering iron and save some cash.

Hmmm, is that really restoring then? How many parts can you get cheap on before we can say it is a kit car and not a true restoration?

Comment

Technically, does buying the parts make it a refitting or restoration? Does repairing parts also constitute this?
          -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

I have to admit I'm a sucker for the old Mustang and Charger SS. While I dont think its technically relevant to this forum, there seems to be a fair ammount of hackers who are into cars. Its just another hobby where you get to play with tools and take things apart and put them back together better than before.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Excellent point Noid. This is something that I overlooked.
              I too am into cars, but I didn't think it was a topic of interst here. I was apparently wrong.
              "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                I have to admit I'm a sucker for the old Mustang and Charger SS. While I dont think its technically relevant to this forum, there seems to be a fair ammount of hackers who are into cars. Its just another hobby where you get to play with tools and take things apart and put them back together better than before.

Maybe in a few years we'll have a Defcon car show. Rides must be older than the driver, no import rockets allowed.
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Disclaimer: I like cars. A lot. Here's a shortlist in no particular order of things I want to own someday:

Jensen Interceptor (Series II)
                  Citroen DS21
                  Citroen 2CV (or derivative)
                  Sunbeam Alpine (Series V)
                  Mazda Cosmo
                  Ford Thunderbird (1961-1963)
                  Chevrolet Corvette (1962-1965)
                  Jaguar E-Type (Series I 3.8-litre flat-floor)
                  Morgan +4
                  Renault Alpine A110
                  Ferrari 365
                  'Blower' Bentley
                  Bentley S-Type (Series I or II) drophead
                  Alvis TD21
                  Daimler Ferret
                  1920 Rolls-Royce armoured car

Comment

If we're throwing military vehicles in the mix. I'd go for a Rover IIA, a Dodge M37, and a duce and a half.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

If we're throwing military vehicles in the mix. I'd go for a Rover IIA, a Dodge M37, and a duce and a half.

Late 70's Chrysler newport fits the description of a military vehicle quite nicely
                      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I'd go for a Rover IIA
                        Try ot get one that's ex-Ministry of Defence. The maintenance is usually better, you get the cool squared-off wheelarches (and sometimes bodywork), and can even find them in LHD fairly regularly. See http://www.exmod.co.uk/ for examples.

Comment

I am in the process of restoring a 1970 Chevele SS
                          That will always be high on the list.

Chevelle SS 454

Bump N' Jump Trans Am game artwork

Comment

If we're talking American, no collection would be complete without the following:

1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
                            1956-1958 Studebaker Golden Hawk
                            Studebaker Avanti
                            1964-1966 Plymouth Barracuda
                            AMC Pacer (yes, really!)
                            AMC AMX
                            Frazer Manhattan Convertible
                            Cord 810 (or an 812; I'm not picky)
                            Packard Eight or Twelve
                            Duesenberg J-Model
                            Last edited by skroo; March 30, 2006, 18:27.

Comment

you guys are gonna hate me but ive got a1970 barracuda e body with the original 440 with the torqeflite 727 automatic

only problem with it is the motor and the tranny areout of it sitting on blocks covered by ply wood, bodys rusting to shit and the frames resting half on the ground and half on the back suspention

my problem is i cant do anything to help it since its my dads

but my dream car would have to be the 68 shelby mustang
                              Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Working...
                              X