• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden_Eternity
    replied
    Re: where?

Originally posted by OuT
    Ah, so its at alexis park again this year? Time to make reservations I guess...
    :D
    Yup, came out to 103.55/night for me...

Leave a comment:

• OuT
    replied
    where?

Ah, so its at alexis park again this year? Time to make reservations I guess...
    :D

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Too Much Arguing

Damn people. I knew when the dates for DC10 were about a two months ago. The easiest way to find out when DC is, is to call the Alexis Park and ask. They know far in advance. Keep that in mind next year. :)

Leave a comment:

• Golden_Eternity
    replied
    Its official. Dates are up on the DC site... and it says "DC10". ;D

Leave a comment:

• nulltone
    replied
    As long as it is not too close to Aug 12th, my Birthday.

Doesn't really matter, I never have parties for it anyways...

Leave a comment:

• zero
    replied
    Aug dates

Based on the fact that the last few BH breifings have offered a pass to both BH and DC, and further that the ability to schedule speakers for bot (as some speak at both) is logisticaly enhanced by staging them back to back, I'd go for Aug 2-4.

Leave a comment:

• Golden_Eternity
    replied
    Originally posted by bluknight

I note that while logistically convenient, DCX does NOT have to be held at the same time as BHB-Vegas. As long as it doesn't conflict with any of the other BHB conferences (or possibly even if it does), Dark Tangent can hold DCX whenever the hell he wants.
    This is true, but consider why BH and DC have been scheduled the way they have (I'm tired, deal).

You need to have them all in one lump number of dates, or else you're not going to get everyone to come to both. Since the one they're trying to sell is BlackHat (Check the price, I doubt they'd prefer you to take a pass on that one, then show for DefCon), then that would mean that you'd end up with all the admins, feds, speakers -- generally everyone you want to come -- only being able to make it to BH.

DefCon would only be available to people without jobs; the skillless youngins that a lot of people complain about.

So, unless DT decided to throw DefCon to the wolves, BH and DC will be scheduled together.

DC could happen *before* blackhat, but since they have been offering free admission to DC if you attend BH, they'd want to make sure you paid for BH before they let you in to DC, so it makes sense to hold BH first (That or start allowing people to pay for BlackHat at the DefCon registration line).

Leave a comment:

• DeN
    replied
    I'm gonna second the Aug. dates. COMON AUGUST!!

Wee
    Hrm. Takes a little getting used to....

Leave a comment:

• gemikit
    replied
    True true...

Leave a comment:

• nulltone
    replied
    Well, he said "Its not in the middle of the month"

Either he REALLY thought about what he was saying, and said "not in the middle" to only confirm that is it not in a small portion of the month.

Or, it is in some other time of the month. Because, he could have said "Its not in July"

Something to think about...

Leave a comment:

• gemikit
    replied
    I saw the Black hat dates...plus in an earlier post it said that DCX could be in August as well...so maybe right after?

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Nope

The dates are not in the middle of the month.... guess again! :-)

Leave a comment:

• viper
    replied
    Likely DCX date

My so called 'dark ninja' skills aka lazy irc logging reports the DC10 date as July 12-14...That comes from a credible insiders tip. Also, heres a good point: from what Ive heard from several core defcon people, HOPE has become a bother with their protesters and crap. H2K2 will take place July 12, 13, and 14 2002 in New York so it stands to reason that by having the dates coinciding, that their 'bad element' will likely stay away from us. I hold no ill will toward the hope people, just the asses who want to disrupt our con. Theres my 2 and a half cents. :)

Leave a comment:

• simon
    replied
    thank you commander spock.... heh

Leave a comment:

• bluknight
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden_Eternity
    Go look at when BlackHat Vegas 2002 will be rolling around.
    I note that while logistically convenient, DCX does NOT have to be held at the same time as BHB-Vegas. As long as it doesn't conflict with any of the other BHB conferences (or possibly even if it does), Dark Tangent can hold DCX whenever the hell he wants.

However, given the fact that recent Defcons have been held in conjunction with the BHB series, your conclusion is somewhat logical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X