Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosquito ringtone for teen cell phones?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This gave me a headache and it really pissed the cats off.

It does not pulsate like this one does.
    My cell wont take the files, i need an asprin.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

I noticed this on that digg article in the comments section and tried it:

try it... open Audacity...

Generate > Tone

Waveform: Sine
      Frequency: 18000.00
      Amplitude: 1.00

*generate tone*

I can hear it, it's painful, and I'm over 30. I wouldn't say that these speakers are turned up too loud either. I also put it on my phone, a T-Mo SDA, and I think I can hear it if I put the phone up close to my ear. I'll try it again later tonight in a a quieter environment with some younger people.
      #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Originally posted by kampf
        I'll try it again later tonight in a a quieter environment with some younger people.
        Nice, I am very much looking forward to your results. Keep us posted. ps, looking forward to seeing you again this year.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

My phone doesn't seem to be able to reproduce this tone very well. Later, when I was in an even quieter environment, I played it and was able to hear it making some noise. The dog, a Pyrenean, was curious as to what was going on, but not alarmed.

For those who might use Audacity on a regular basis, make sure that your sampling rates are set high. I had mine set to 44.1KHz at work, but 16KHz at home, and it naturally did not generate a proper tone.

Me too Nikita :)
          #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Update: The news has been covering this a lot more lately i have discovered a mp3 version that so far seems to be the most effective and I heard it for sure! Just wanted to share the new file.
            Listen to mp3

Recent news article
            "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita
              Update: The news has been covering this a lot more lately i have discovered a mp3 version that so far seems to be the most effective and I heard it for sure! Just wanted to share the new file.
              Listen to mp3

Recent news article
              I heard it, too. I'm 30 so I guess that's "old enough." I think it would give me a headache too if I listened to it for too long.
              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98
                I heard it, too. I'm 30 so I guess that's "old enough." I think it would give me a headache too if I listened to it for too long.
                Hmmm.. Now if only it worked on insurgents of arabic descendancy, we'd have you home in time for DC. Can you do some clinical tests with a Humvee, a set of loudspeakers, a 200 watt amp and an iPod ?

Dutch
                All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch
                  Hmmm.. Now if only it worked on insurgents of arabic descendancy, we'd have you home in time for DC. Can you do some clinical tests with a Humvee, a set of loudspeakers, a 200 watt amp and an iPod ?

Dutch
                  Just blast some of North Korea's Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble (using Google Translate) over the PA. They'll either learn to get down to the groovy state-sanctioned pop beats of totalitarian oppression, or jam ice picks through their eardrums and into their brains to escape what sounds like the worst wedding band ever. It's also great for annoying your coworkers, but be sure to have noise-cancelling headphones playing something else laying around to preserve your sanity.

Comment

The politics involved in getting anything tested around here are amazing even to me.
                    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

I played this tone last night while I was in my den and my daughter asked me who's phone was ringing. I asked her about the sound and she said it just sounded like a phone ringing with a bad speaker or something. She's 7.

Comment

Okay! Just played a couple of times on my speakers (average 50$).
                        When I concentrate, I can hear it. It's pretty annoying like that disease *tinitus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinitus*.
                        However, when I play it while reading some book, it doesn't annoy me at all. I'm playing it on normal volume. (The volume where you would like to play the Beatles music.)
                        Maybe it's due to me just growing up with computers and stuff, but it sounds like a screen/monitor turned on in another room. There is some guy laughing and hitting something with a hammer in the middle of (was it Bascule's mp3-link?).

I'm 13. My mother doesn't hear it at all. My younger sister does, she says it's VERY annoying.

Comment

I have tinitus. It's horrible. Put 2 speakers together until you get a high pitches squeal, then turn up the volume and play it in only one ear.

For the rest of your life.

Comment

Ow.

Originally posted by GBHis
                            I'm 13. My mother doesn't hear it at all. My younger sister does, she says it's VERY annoying.
                            Similar for me. My parents can't hear it. And it hurts my ears. Lots. I can hear it audibly from the next room down the hall and through a closed door.
                            I do know everything, just not all at once. This is commonly referred to as a "virtual memory" problem.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              I have tinitus.
                              is that from the overexposure to firearm reports or a predeliction for terribly loud rock and roll concerts in your youth?
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                                is that from the overexposure to firearm reports or a predeliction for terribly loud rock and roll concerts in your youth?
                                I had tinnitus in both of my ears for 6mo-1yr because the doctors did not treat an ear infection soon enough or aggressively enough. Thankfully, it went away eventually. I saw a doctor about it, he said "if you don't hear it when you have music on, then keep the music on."

Comment

Working...
                                X