exotic meat order has been placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exotic meat order has been placed

i placed our order just now with the exotic meat shop. it is as follows...

12 patties of Yak
    12 patties of Elk
    12 patties of Reindeer
    Duck sausage with Fig stuffing

the shipping is a huge ass-rape, since one has to use overnight or two-day shipping on a dry ice packed food order like this... but it should all work out in an even wash financially if we stick with the estimates i made earlier... $2 for a quarter burger or $5 for a sample of all three animals.

if people want their own whole size patty to cook up, just figure on it being about $8. technically, the elk costs less than the reindeer or yak... so they might really only be worth about $5 per patty. we'll work out more solid details there, but those numbers seem about even at first glance.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: exotic meat order has been placed

Thanks, man. I know money isn't free so let me know if you'd like me to front you some of the money ($20, $25?) ahead of time. I'm looking forward to non-rotted meat this year.

Comment

Re: exotic meat order has been placed

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
      Thanks, man. I know money isn't free so let me know if you'd like me to front you some of the money ($20, $25?) ahead of time. I'm looking forward to non-rotted meat this year.
      i appreciate the generosity, but i'd say let's allow things to fall into place before any money changes hands. if we get a repeat of the shipping fucktardism from last year (please, jeebus, don't let that be the case) i'd feel like a shit having accepted paypal transfers beforehand (which i would have possibly blown on drugs and hookers before con even got started) etc etc. all in all, i think that i'll be fine letting the balance float until i get back. (it's so early in the month that my CC statement doesn't come until after defcon anyway)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
      X