• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickfarr
    replied
    Re: Was: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

Originally posted by dYn4mic
    Reguardless, I'm looking forward to another year.
    Great! Help spread the word--it looks like entries are a bit slow!

NDF

Leave a comment:

• dYn4mic
    replied

Originally posted by nickfarr
    Basically, what CotMan said is correct. HJ takes one person to tie everything together so that Winn can be Winn during the show.
    Very true, I meant to imply "Winn and his crew" but it didn't come off that way.
    Guess i knew the answer to my own question, I just was wondering if it was a completely different "ownership" (ie, new staff/cook/etc)

Reguardless, I'm looking forward to another year.

Leave a comment:

• nickfarr
    replied

Is this true? is Winn still the organizer? Is there gonna be a changelog?
    Basically, what CotMan said is correct. HJ takes one person to tie everything together so that Winn can be Winn during the show.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tangent
    replied

W0rd! W0rd! W0rd!

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

I've looked at Winn as the guy that is the MC, but not necessarily the guy that organizes the event. Event organization includes getting the time slots, contestants, "vanna", locations, getting the people to perform the various tasks, providing extra questions/answers through people they know in the community or on their own, and more.

The person and people in this role has changed several times over the years, but Winn continues to donate his time to help each year through different organizers and this has included provision of some questions/answers as I understand it.

From my view, organizer != MC. Clear as mud?
    (!= is "not equal to)

Leave a comment:

• dYn4mic
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    I think HJ may have changed organizers. This may be the cause for a change in this procedure.

Leave a comment:

• nickfarr
    replied
    Re: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

Originally posted by Banasidhe
    Hey!!
    WTF!?!?! I was Beer Betty last year and I was asked back for this year, having been told I'd been the best Beer Betty they'd had in FAR too long. Now you're tellling me I have to compete to get my "job" back???
    Yes. Because it's more fun that way and you get a shot at the top job of Vinyl Vanna.

(In all seriousness, if you want need more detail on why you were not contacted, pm me through the forums.)

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    Re: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

#5 - I'm hot 'n' sexy and look great in fetishwear/catholic schoolgirl outfits.
    wow. can someone direct me to a ballot where i cast my vote in support of a catholic schoolgirl outfit? yeah, that definitely garners my approval, banshee.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Was: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

Hey!!

WTF!?!?! I was Beer Betty last year and I was asked back for this year, having been told I'd been the best Beer Betty they'd had in FAR too long. Now you're tellling me I have to compete to get my "job" back???

Whose ass do I have to beat? :)
    I was not at con last year, but I think HJ may have changed organizers. This may be the cause for a change in this procedure.

Leave a comment:

• Was: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

Hey!!

Whose ass do I have to beat? :)

1. Name - Banasidhe
    2. Picture - http://www.23.org/bios/banshee.html
    3. Website - Banasidhe.com (under construction)
    4. Prior Defcon Experience - Causin' DC fun since 1996
    5. Top Reasons why you think you'd make a great Vinyl Vanna/Beer Betty!

#5 - I'm hot 'n' sexy and look great in fetishwear/catholic schoolgirl outfits.

#4 - I have over 14 years experience in alcohol service and event security and know the difference between Buzzed, drunk and "Call the EMT'S!"

#3 - I was planning on bringing puke-pails this year, as I noticed they were sadly lacking last year.

#2 - I know the game, the rules the set-up and the "job" duties already and have prior experience

and the #1 reason I should be allowed to reprise the role of Beer Betty this year??

#1 - I bring my own bottle-opener
Working...
X