X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LosT
    replied
    Re: What are You Giving to Defcon?

I am running a new contest. The build for this has taken alot of time before con, and financed out of my own pocket. I am trying to help another contest survive, one that I won the first year it was in place. (I will be paying homage to Neural, as he won't be at CON this year- )- I am an alternate speaker, with a talk designed to motivate and inspire people to enter the hardware based contests in greater numbers in the future. I devote as much time to the forums as possible to help interest in my contests (and others) grow. I will be a Defcon shuttle service, using the van that I'm driving to con to pick people up at the airport, shuttle COTS 'special event', and to shuttle people to/from the Toxic BBQ (and food run)- Since January of this year I have worked on getting donations for contest prizes, and will be bringing approximately $5,000.00 worth of give aways and prizes to help build the contests- I try to assist those interested in hardware builds via technical support in the forums (bots, TCP/IP, etc)- I will be looking for an area to run a breakout session, which will cost $5 for people to participate in, and that money will be donated to the EFF. I will also be working to keep people from thinking that I am Lostsoul (I'm not ;) -

I want to thank those that work very hard on DC- It is appreciated. It is what makes me donate so much of my time preparing for it-

LosT

Leave a comment:

• Exist
    replied

$100 and 3 days of my life

Priceless!

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    One year, I seem to recall that they hoisted a webcam up in the chill out room, at a past defcon. I seem to recall that it was a "facy web cam" that allowed for remote control of pan, and zoom, but did not work with Linux at the time. You could look over the room, or watch what other people were doing to control the webcam.

I don't remember if that ever came back in later years though. Anyone know if this was present last year?
    that was something Zac cooked up. It got damaged on its way back to the UK that year and I dont think he's fixed it yet. It was a web enabled camera in a smoked plastic 'death globe' with 3 LED signs around it. It was pretty cool, but up too high to really make good use of the LEDs. Folks loved the camera though, you had a few minutes to play with it before it booted you and let the next person in the queue control it. There was a queue on the server all weekend long.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

I give you the gift of a childs laughter.

Leave a comment:

• secret_squirrel
    replied

Originally posted by fo0bar
    Finnix 88.0 (my personal project, a sysadmin LiveCD) will be released on the first day of talks (friday). In fact, I just finished printing/burning a stack of CDs and creating the DEFCON Finnix FAQ. In between getting drunk and getting drunk, I'll be handing out CDs, and generally whoring out Finnix. It'll be a grand ole time.
    I connected my Windows laptop to the conference wireless network, and got hax0r3d. Will you fix my computer?
    No.

buhahaha!

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    Maybe we should have a DC webcam of the major rooms and contests for ya.
    We're glad you post on here!
    I'm just happy to be a part of the community, and thrilled at the extent to which everyone has opened their arms over the past few years to someone who most haven't ever met.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
    One year, I seem to recall that they hoisted a webcam up in the chill out room, at a past defcon. I seem to recall that it was a "fancy web cam" that allowed for remote control of pan, and zoom, but did not work with Linux at the time. You could look over the room, or watch what other people were doing to control the webcam.

I don't remember if that ever came back in later years though. Anyone know if this was present last year?
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 28, 2006, 14:47. Reason: How should I spell fancy? Doh!

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98
    I'll need to pick up another USB drive for that one.

Hopefully I'll at least be able to webcam in...assuming I get the webcam in time!

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by renderman
    I think we should be the ones sending you moral support. Or at leasta big ass set of hard drives and fun data.
    I'll need to pick up another USB drive for that one.

Hopefully I'll at least be able to webcam in...assuming I get the webcam in time!

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    Thanks man, I appreciate the remote support! Stay alive for the next one!
    I plan to be there for 15. Really!

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

I'll be providing much needed moral support from ~7500 miles away.
    I think we should be the ones sending you moral support. Or at leasta big ass set of hard drives and fun data.

I give of my time to the LP village and to WiFi n00bs. I give of my liver in the persuit of saving everyone else from over indulging. I give of my knowledge in a talk. However, I, Like most take away far more than they put in and short of DT and the hard core goons, I don't see how anyone could put more in than they take out (except cirrocis and scar tissue)

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tangent
    replied

Thanks man, I appreciate the remote support! Stay alive for the next one!

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    I see this thread went in the garbage quickly..
    I was surprised how long it took!

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied

Originally posted by Kai
    TheCotMan - Yeah, I did, but it looks like DOC has got a lot of help this year, and to be quite honest, I'm rather sick of sitting in the contest room for 3 days, only getting out when the area is locked up.
    Not to mention the fact that it's time for Kai, to just enjoy con and not be so stressed as in years past.

This year I've got a surprise for TBBQ "Grill Masters" as I have dubbed them.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X