Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Re: Saturday Night DJ Action (White Ball)

Ha...so I worked at a game store for most of the Pokemon height. I know how to play it. I also know how to turn parents off from buying it. I tell them "my pit bull, vs your pit bull." and they kinda just shy away.

It was invented by a japanese guy who noticed all the ponds and stuff near where he lived were getting filled in or drying out, so no one would collect bugs, etc. He wanted to give kids something to do.

And wow this is a strange thread.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
    Maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get pokemon. I am a bit of an otaku, but pokemon has never been interesting for me. Perhaps it's the lack of beshonin, or just the blantent marketing of the whole thing. The show is just a badly animated 30 min comercial for crappy toys.

Or am I missing something?
    I'm with you on this one. I can't understand it, either. Maybe if I was that age, well, no, I wouldn't have been doing that at that age, either. <shrugs>

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98
    My daughter could go toe to toe with anyone's Pokemon habit. I think they call her to ask for new ideas.
    Maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get pokemon. I am a bit of an otaku, but pokemon has never been interesting for me. Perhaps it's the lack of beshonin, or just the blantent marketing of the whole thing. The show is just a badly animated 30 min comercial for crappy toys.

Or am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
    It's not cancelled, but I heard that DT is selling it to the russian mob to finance his pokemon habit.
    My daughter could go toe to toe with anyone's Pokemon habit. I think they call her to ask for new ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98
    Next year's been cancelled anyways...
    It's not cancelled, but I heard that DT is selling it to the russian mob to finance his pokemon habit.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Siviak
    "there is no DefCon to see here... move along please"
    Next year's been cancelled anyways...

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied

"there is no DefCon to see here... move along please"

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied

Originally posted by r3db0x
    Is there any chance of combining the Black and White balls again? The crowds seemed a little thin for how fantastic the music was, especially at the Black Ball. Maybe schedule the combined Ball for Friday and the big penthouse party for Saturday?
    The penthouse party is a private function and not an official part of Defcon.

Leave a comment:

• jtx
    replied

Well, before you go out tomorrow night, they cancelled the Portland/Seattle shows this week.

Originally posted by noid
    I helped regenerator recover some of their gear on Sunday and they seemed pretty cool, in spite of all the goings on. I think I'm gonna go see them this Thursday when they play locally.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by r3db0x
    Oh, and Mixtress Jackalope? Thought you'd want to see this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r3db0x/210757488/
    (thanks for the AWEsome set!)
    You're welcome! That goes nicely with this picture.
    http://23b.org/gallery/view_photo.ph...lbum231&id=aak

Leave a comment:

• r3db0x
    replied

Is there any chance of combining the Black and White balls again? The crowds seemed a little thin for how fantastic the music was, especially at the Black Ball. Maybe schedule the combined Ball for Friday and the big penthouse party for Saturday? (this was my first year, so if I'm suggesting the way it's been done in the past, my apologies.)

I promise to still dress up twice.

I should also say thanks to all those who put in the extra effort to wear something interesting, and to those who booted out the people in jeans and baseball caps.

What wonderful freaks we are.

Oh, and Mixtress Jackalope? Thought you'd want to see this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r3db0x/210757488/
    (thanks for the AWEsome set!)

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied

Originally posted by zziks
    ck3k i can assure you that regenerator will play again next year . I talked things over with them and seeing as they got a awful raw deal with the shutdown of the white ball I felt that they needed a second chance . so provided defcon isnt cancelled next year regenerator will play .
    Awesome, they always have an awesome set. I really hope to catch the full thing next year. I got a couple of their cds, so I am content for a little while ;) I just want them to know how we feel about them getting screwed, and I do suppose we owe them some beer.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by MitchMitchem
    Jackalope, I caught the first part of your set and loved it. I'm a big fan of drumelectrobass. It's always good to have a DJ playing stuff that will actually get people up to dance, instead of sitting around the room. Sorry I never came up to you and said anything, but I was busy getting hammered.
    Yup. I love the electrostep. It gets kids dancing and they don't know why. I knew you Floridians were running around somewhere. If you were busy getting hammered, you were doing your first DC correctly.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

ya know... all of this of course is hindsight.... Regenerator should have been moved to one of the Renegade parties....cuz when I throw raves, when the police shut down a room, we just figure out another.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    god, someone give me some sort of estimate as to when the board recordings will pop up online. i'm laying here (well, sitting here now) completely unable to sleep despite the fact that i ran on pure adrenaline and good vibe for the past 36+ hours and the main reason i can't get a wink of shuteye is because the band and DJ sets just keep playing over and over in my head. i'm so dying to download them.

Deviant, that reminds me. I never got your DVD to you. If you are still interested, I'll just post the files on my website and let you leach them. Conversely, I could send them snail mail to you, but that would take longer :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X