No announcement yet.

PSA: The Riviera is not the Alexis Park... whole new world of security, people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSA: The Riviera is not the Alexis Park... whole new world of security, people

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    so, in truth, you may be free in this sort of a situation to not show your ID... you'd be simultaneously free to leave the premesis and never return to it, however.
    An interesting note, some of the "rentacops" were actually Metro officers. I learned this as I was being asked to leave the premesis and never return to it.
    The dude abides.

Comment

Re: PSA: The Riviera is not the Alexis Park... whole new world of security, people

Thats not uncommon. Frankly, being a cop doesnt pay that much. Its not unusual to see cops moonlighting as security guards, bouncers, etc.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

the older hotels in this town are always being sold or on the verge of being demolished, it seems. both the Riv and the Stardust (two classics of "vintage vegas" style) are up for sale but, as far as i know, have no serious takers at present. if sold, these sorts of venues would, of course, be torn down to make way for more gaudy, humongous, glitz/glam hotels like the bellagio. we'll just have to see. no chance, i think, of it being gone by summer '07.
        Update: According to a very reliable source (cabbie #2), there is a very important vote coming up to determine the sale of the Riv. Some guy, under the name Riv development corp, who owns the majority of stock(22%?) is trying to sell the property for $5 less than market value. The Riv employees who own a good percentage of the rest of the stock are fighting it. Evidently the majority stakeholder is in collusion with the development company that wants to buy the property. This is all word of mouth (after a heavy night of drinking). I'll try to update as I find out more.

Comment

Evidently the majority stakeholder is in collusion with the development company that wants to buy the property.
          That's too bad if it's true...however that kind of nonsense by a controlling shareholder wouldn't fly in a lot of places.

As far as the security situation goes, I didn't think it was too bad. Earlier this summer I attended a music festival which had been targeted by the local state police. They had checkpoints to search cars on the way in, searched tents and vehicles without warrants, and were using night vision goggles to find people enjoying alternatives to alcohol.

Sure, it may have put a damper on some of the pranks that people were hoping to perform but it could have been a whole lot worse.
          jur1st, esq.

Comment

the older hotels in this town are always being sold or on the verge of being demolished, it seems. both the Riv and the Stardust (two classics of "vintage vegas" style) are up for sale but, as far as i know, have no serious takers at present. if sold, these sorts of venues would, of course, be torn down to make way for more gaudy, humongous, glitz/glam hotels like the bellagio. we'll just have to see. no chance, i think, of it being gone by summer '07.
            I'm taking a wildly speculative guess that DT might sign a two year deal with with the Riv and ask for a two year option. The street says that the Riv is the hospital, "A slow process whereby the Riviera is changing hands seems to be under way, but if we can believe what they seem to be saying, it will still be some time before the Riv is redeveloped."

But some of the Riv's neighbors (Stardust and the New Frontier) are on death door, and could see the handiwork of the Loizeaux family by as soon as December 2006.
            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

The latest news on the Riv sale is here:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...080910716.html

Looks like everything is up in the air until the 29th.

Comment

Working...
              X