This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

by the way, this is a thread i look forward to every year. Why? well its like the closing ceromonies...you get to find out all the random little inside stories that you might not have known about.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

First off, I want to thank everyone who attended. Baring a few things, like DC starting two hours late and the B&W ball fiasco, Defcon overall ran very smoothly. I think myself and the hotel both went into this expecting a very different outcome. I want to thank the attendees who just rolled with the punches and were very cool with my staff, the hotel, metro, etc. Shit happens. The best we can do is learn from it and try to prevent it from happening again next year. We've been doing this for 14 years, but we are still learning; each Defcon presents new successes and failures we can learn from.

DT: Thanks for comming back year after year to do this. Most people dont realize that each year your ass is in the fire when it comes to the money and liability of this event. I dont think many people would have the cajones to step up to that level of reponsibility.

The Security Goons: Ya'll rocked. New hotel, new organization, and overall we operated so well that we impressed the hell out of the hotel. In particular I want to single a few guys out. When I got the chance to speak at closing ceremonies I wasnt prepared to do so, and as a result I didnt get to thank everyone as much as I wanted.

Priest: I want to thank you for being there to help out, even though you had been off duty for hours. When things got bad on Saturday night, there was more stuff to deal with than I could take on, thanks for letting me offload things onto you

Nobody/Arclight: The way the two of you worked on the kid that slipped and hurt himself was beyond impressive. Sure, it was a fairly minor incident, but it allowed us to demonstrate to the hotel that we knowwhat we are doing and can be professionals about it. The fact that even the EMS crews seemed hesitant to get involved says it all. The two of you knew what you were doing and it was recognized.

Pappy: Thanks for being my best friend as well as my second in command. Your relaxed approach to things helps keep my bad attitude in check.

Skydog, Decode, David, Carlos: This was your first year and so far I have heard that ya'll want to come back and do it again. I take that as a compliment.

The security team leads: Justabill, Flea, Arclight, Freshman, Cyber, and Luna. Congratulations, ya'll are management now. Heh

Doug/Theresa/Don (hotel staff): Thanks for putting up with us and working with us. My team had a great time dealing with your team. There was no attitude or BS, just a bunch of professionals working together. It made less work for us, and it made less work for you. Look forward to working with you next year.

The Speaker Goons, in particular KK and the other individual that assisted in a medical situation on Sunday. My guys were scattered thin and these folks stepped right up to deal with the situation in a very professional manner.

LV Metro: Thanks for working with us, rather than against us. I know the overall outcome of things on Saturday didnt make the attendees happy, but I dont think they fully understand how much worse it could have been. Thanks for being cool.

Now on to the attendees

Londo/Con/Siv and the rest of the TBBQ staff, as well as the attendees. All of the food, drinks, and leftovers came back to my HQ. Your generous gift kept us fed and hydrated for almost the entire weekend. Thanks for so much. There really needs to be a 'Feed the Goons for just pennies a day' PSA made

The Ninjas: For the few moments I was able to sit down on Saturday night, I enjoyed the food, hookas, and hospitality you had to offer.

Ralph/Tink: It was nice meeting you two. You both were a hoot to talk to on Thursday

In my fatigued state I know i am forgetting a ton of people, so I will just edit this thread later.

Now the fuck yous:

Asshole - You done, G. Have fun reaping what you've sown. Dont think for a second that you are ever comming back to Defcon. I'm gonna have to work my ass off over the next year to try to get the poor bastards who let you hang out with them unbanned from the hotel.

The guy checking IDs at the penthouse: Dude, I dont knock the sailors dicks out of your moms mouth when shes trying to work, so why dont you just let me do my fucking job? I was attempting to let AbbyNrml's party know that LV Metro and Hotel Security were heading up again and that if they wanted to keep their party going they needed to bring it down a notch. I didnt need you getting up in my face while I'm working. You try that shit again, I'll have you 86'd so fast it will make your head spin.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Goon Shirt Slogan For Dc15

Dude, I don't knock the sailors dicks out of your mom's mouth when she's trying to work, so why dont you just let me do my fucking job? -Noid

Damn that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by noid
          LV Metro: Thanks for working with us, rather than against us. I know the overall outcome of things on Saturday didnt make the attendees happy, but I dont think they fully understand how much worse it could have been. Thanks for being cool.
          Now THIS is the mark of a true professional -- acknowledging and thanking his fellows, even if there were some sucky outcomes involved.

My props to Noid for being professional.
          I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

Originally posted by bluknight
            Now THIS is the mark of a true professional -- acknowledging and thanking his fellows, even if there were some sucky outcomes involved.

My props to Noid for being professional.
            Professional what? <g>
            DJ Jackalope
            dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

I'm gonna have to work my ass off over the next year to try to get the poor bastards who let you hang out with them unbanned from the hotel.
              Althought I was not involved in the incident, I thank you for spending your time helping others, no matter what the outcome, you deserve some beer. I hope it can get resovled, it is going to be wierd at defcon without certain people there.
              ~:CK:~
              I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Big thanks:

DT - Thanks for risking your neck so many years in a row, As regretidly (sp?) I didn't get to attend the early defcons, the latter ones have been much fun, learning, enjoyment and much else. Big thanks and apprecation. We all owe you so much for giving us a much needed place to let loose, teach, learn, network and socialize.

Converge - Too bad aCTF didn't work out this year, maybe we could've really "cleaned up" (maybe next year?)... Buffetcon didn't really work out as planned due to many loose ends to tie down and

Pipes- Thanks for coming all the way out from .nz You are a great guy and we'd all love to have you back next year. Thanks for some good converstation and beers.

LosT - Didn't get to work on the mysterybox, but the contest is badass and I hope you can expand it next year. Its true a hacker puzzle.

Deviant - I didn't get to try any raindeer, nor pick any locks this year, but your overall con attitude, general friendly/welcoming all around good guy are amazing. Thanks so much for being you, your a true hacker my friend.

Highwiz - for not coming ;-P

Neg9, craSH, Xodia, Twinvega, Emailajynx, etc .. getting me into parties/events that I would otherwise not be a part of due to lack of scene network status. Thanks for some good times guys, I'll enjoy going back next year with you... (-asshole).

ToxicBBQ - Great job guys, its a very cool con "appetizer"..
                Noid and Goons - Big thanks for doing what you guys do best. Big shouts to priest for putting up with the shit so we don't have to (and can keep coming back) and for being priest.

Vendors - Might not read this but... thanks for coming back each year. Without your stuff I might not spend too much money... thanks for bringing cool shit.

(I'm sure im forgetting people)
                Thanks to: *(?!asshole)
                The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Still REALLY blurry eyed and mush brained, so this will also be updated as things float to the surface.

First off, the Thanks:

Grey Frequency, for once again tolerating my schedual and actions at Defcon and being the best companion a guy could have

Mouse, thanks for being a friend and keeping Grey company while I was tearing around everything else

Deviant, the best friend a guy could have at con. Thanks for the BCCC, the drinks, the jokes, the locks, everything. It was nice to hang out and just chat again. And thanks for the code in the Mystery box challenge

Thanks to the RedX, fishstix and the rest of the wireless posse for being professionals and knowing how best to screw with the wireless contests and make it interesting.

Thanks to EricM/lieto for playing communications during the contests. I really am not looking forward to my phone bill though. Thanks for the conversation and everything else through the weekend

Thanks to Larry and Mother for stepping up and doing the wireless contests with me and being damn good at it.

Thanks to Thorn for running the wireless contests this year and for understanding the 'if it's not forbidden in the rules, it's allowed' rule, also for being a good friend and keeping me challenged

Thanks to team 'Nostromo Cleanup Crew' (Mfreeck, C0n, Deviant, Thorn, Grey Frequency, Joe Grand and anyone else who helped). I missed the initial start of the contest, but I was amazed by how quickly you plowed through the first 2 stages and got to the 3rd. It's nice to work with professionals. Just need to remember next time to slow down and let the rest of the team catch up.

Joe Grand, thanks for the awesome badges and for joining us at the last minute as our ringer on the team. Look forward to chatting with you in the future

L0st, thanks for an awesome contest. The thing I like most about Defcon is the opourtunity to find out exactly how much I don't know. Your contest really was a boot to the head as to the power available in building your own hardware. You'll be hearing alot from me in the near future.

Theprez98, for doing what he's doing. I think you have free drinks at con for quite a while

A super-duper huge thanks to DaKahuna for driving me half way across Vegas to get dry ice for the BCCC and for the ride to the TBBQ. Would'nt have been nearly as fun if you had'nt helped.

Calypso, for the cash and the push

Skydog and the hackerpimps, thanks for the party, was one helluva view
                  C0n and Mfreeck, for being cool as usual and for always being willing to step up and help me chea....... I mean, gain an advantage in a contest.

Team PSKL, for not being jerks and for not getting us all arrested when security freaked out at your rigs.

Siviak, Sno, Scav hunt crew. It was interesting being a scav hunt item. Thanks for the sense of humor.

The Pirate party for welcoming us so warmly

I'm sure there are more that will be added, but things are blurring together again.

Fuck you's:

Asshole - nuff said.

Thorn - We were the first ones to change the SSID!!!! When I yanked the power, the SSID reset to OpenWRT, according to the rules you stated, we should have won :) Joking aside it was fun and I would'nt change anything except the outcome.

Fire Marshal - I realize the importance of your job, but the shedual changes you forced made me need to be in 6 places at once and caused me a huge amount of stress.

Myself (RenderMan) for crashing the slides during the talk and not having a dead tree copy to follow, thus depriving everyone of a reasonable delivery of the info at the talk.
                  Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

The guy checking IDs at the penthouse: Dude, I dont knock the sailors dicks out of your moms mouth when shes trying to work, so why dont you just let me do my fucking job? I was attempting to let AbbyNrml's party know that LV Metro and Hotel Security were heading up again and that if they wanted to keep their party going they needed to bring it down a notch. I didnt need you getting up in my face while I'm working. You try that shit again, I'll have you 86'd so fast it will make your head spin.
                    Yeah, if you recall they didn't want to let me in either, and it was my party! The penthouse had an open door policy for goons, I'm not sure why he didn't know that.

I still don't know who some of those people were, they were not part of my staff.
                    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Thank you's!

Thank you all who came to the MOJO party in the Penthouse, sorry about the ID issues.

Thank you for those who tried to ensure only those over 21 got through, that kept me and Icetre from going to Jail.

Thank you Noid, you rocked. Thank you all the Goons (and unofficial Goons) who helped with the party.

Thank you Priest, althought I am not as upbeat about the security issues with the Hotel, your advice was good.

Thank you Icetre, Abby, Snow, A.Jade, Seviod, and all other mates in the Penthouse. C U next year.

- DALLAS
                      +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Working...
                      X