Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is/Is-Not SceneWhore split/copy from "Woots/Thanks-Yous"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

    Originally posted by converge
    I, on the other hand, *am* a scenewhore.. yet no one would let me get nekkid on the table. WTF? All you women thinks its about you.. pssh.. we've got parts that like rubbing too. I cry fowl.
    Damn, no one told me that! And I had a lot of singles at con this year I could have been stuffing in your undies! :-)
    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

      Originally posted by converge
      I, on the other hand, *am* a scenewhore.. yet no one would let me get nekkid on the table. WTF? All you women thinks its about you.. pssh.. we've got parts that like rubbing too. I cry fowl.
      If you got naked on a table, you'd soon be doing the "floppy tuna" as 110 volts of electronic potential with a few amps started coursing through your body when your head hit a power light fixture in the ceiling.

      I could make money getting naked, as I could charge people money before I'd put my clothes back on. ]:>

      Notes on Scenewhore and sex (Male/Female):
      It seems men are more often classified as sexual predators than women.
      Naked men seem to be more quickly arrested than naked women.
      Naked women seem to be better accepted.
      Perhaps the avergage person in society finds naked women less threatening than naked men?

      The scenewhores don't really bug me until they try to talk to me-- it is like I feel myself losing what few brain cells I have left when I try to understand what they are trying to talk about...

      Maybe that is the problem. Maybe I shouldn't be listening to them as much as I should just watch them. (heh-heh)

      In my view, scenewhores can be men or women. Anyone who trades dignity, or personal respect, for short-term popularity, but ends up polarizing people against them, is likely a scenewhore-- man or woman.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

        Originally posted by TheCotMan
        If you got naked on a table, you'd soon be doing the "floppy tuna" as 110 volts of electronic potential with a few amps started coursing through your body when your head hit a power light fixture in the ceiling.

        I could make money getting naked, as I could charge people money before I'd put my clothes back on. ]:>

        Notes on Scenewhore and sex (Male/Female):
        It seems men are more often classified as sexual predators than women.
        Naked men seem to be more quickly arrested than naked women.
        Naked women seem to be better accepted.
        Perhaps the avergage person in society finds naked women less threatening than naked men?

        The scenewhores don't really bug me until they try to talk to me-- it is like I feel myself losing what few brain cells I have left when I try to understand what they are trying to talk about...

        Maybe that is the problem. Maybe I shouldn't be listening to them as much as I should just watch them. (heh-heh)

        In my view, scenewhores can be men or women. Anyone who trades dignity, or personal respect, for short-term popularity, but ends up polarizing people against them, is likely a scenewhore-- man or woman.
        That is what I think I was attempting to say. Just because a person behaves in a particular way, doesn't mean they are what you assume they are. I just find it brazen to make assumptions in that way. Unless a person is demonstrating fucktardedness. That's a whole other planet.

        Thank you Sir, again, for your levelheadedness. It's much appreciated.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

          Originally posted by converge
          I, on the other hand, *am* a scenewhore.. yet no one would let me get nekkid on the table. WTF? All you women thinks its about you.. pssh.. we've got parts that like rubbing too. I cry fowl.
          I agree... nobody offered to pay me to take my clothes off.. I say the women should be happy there.. at least they get the better end of the cash flow!
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

            Originally posted by che
            I agree... nobody offered to pay me to take my clothes off.. I say the women should be happy there.. at least they get the better end of the cash flow!
            Five bucks to show me your scanties. You's a hottie anyway and you know it. *me giggles*

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

              Originally posted by che
              I agree... nobody offered to pay me to take my clothes off.. I say the women should be happy there.. at least they get the better end of the cash flow!
              You'd make me pay? :-(
              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

                Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                You'd make me pay? :-(

                come one honey! It all goes to EFF.

                valkyire

                sapere aude

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Woots and Thank-Yous

                  I actually wrote a paper about this in a junior college english class of mine. The teacher made us do an essay for the final and it could be on any one of five topics but they all were like topics the presupposed one's opinion on something.

                  For example, the questions were like:
                  1. How should men help women?
                  2. How should television be used to benefit society?
                  3. How should women help women.

                  So I sat there for 10 minutes kind of miffed over the topics she gave us to write, and thought to myself -- hey, wait. Women should stop calling other women sluts. And I went on for eight pages, theorizing that one's own gender ultimately controls widespread opinions and acceptance of such behavior.

                  For example a guy can do all sorts of whoring around and women might label is negatively and call guys disgusting for it but among other men it's a positive thing and hence accepted all around.

                  At any rate I thought the paper would piss her off because I tried my hardest to get around the topics that she was trying to get out of us but she actually thought it was a good paper.

                  Maybe I was onto something.

                  Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                  And it's attitudes like that that make many women keep their clothes on! This is a bad thing!

                  We like random women to get naked at our parties. Please don't ruin it for everyone else by branding them with insulting titles.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Is/Is-Not SceneWhore split/copy from "Woots/Thanks-Yous"

                    Hello All,

                    I am a self professed Newbie. Those that met me at this CON know that I am NOT a Hacker nor am I normally anywhere near the 'scene' that goes on other than CON. I am a Stay at Home Mom with THREE Little Boys. I came this year with my Husband.

                    I met and was OVERLY Impressed with everyone that I came in contact with. Men and women alike. What most impressed me was the open-ness and non-judgemental attitude I was presented with. Anyone who saw me knew I was definately NOT a Hacker or within the 'scene'. Yet, I was welcommed with open arms to both Nous's Party (Nous, i've Never done a Houka before.. score one big one for my lipstick case) as well as Abbys (I'll never forget "HI Im ABBY Welcome to my Party!!".

                    I believe both of you women have the utmost respect for Women as a whole. The definition of 'scene whore' is a bit skewed however. I could be called a 'scene whore' because I came purely for the social aspect of CON and know ZIP about Computers, yet I never got naked. I was there purely for the 'scene'. ~~ I think, next year, I will make T-Shirts saying "My Husbands' Scene Whore". ~~ Yet, I do not believe the girls(or guys) that get naked are there purely because they are 'lower' than me.

                    That being said, Con is.. what it is.. if it weren't, there would be no "Vynl Vannahs" or "Beer Betty's" or strippers, or porn or anything. Con's
                    scene is about being what you want and what makes you happy and letting OTHERS do what makes them happy. The statistics are definately that the Men are the Majority, and face it.. what makes men happy?.. (do I really need to state that?) Further, you get to learn some really cool stuff at the Forums!! Woo Magnetic Strips!

                    Be Open, Be Honest, and most of all, if you dont like it, change the channel.
                    Come to Con knowing what to expect, do your homework and dont judge/criticise others for simply doing what they want or believe in.

                    In Love,
                    Shannon
                    (the Newbie)
                    Last edited by shannon; August 9, 2006, 22:02.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Is/Is-Not SceneWhore split/copy from "Woots/Thanks-Yous"

                      Some of us still do not equate clothing quantity with brain cell activity. There is no correlation in my book. You can be a smart scene whore, a ditzy programmer, and anything else. But just because you are one thing I try not to assume the rest.

                      Besides, I'd realy like folks to cut me some slack for my indiscretions, so why not just offer the olive branch first?

                      I guess this means next year we will have "I Spotted the Scene Whore" and "I am the Scene Whore" shirts? I so want one....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Is/Is-Not SceneWhore split/copy from "Woots/Thanks-Yous"

                        Shannon, you may be a n00b, but you jumped in with both feet and HELPED. I don't know where you found all those cups, but the party would have been over much sooner without you! You are always welcome at any of my parties!
                        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Is/Is-Not SceneWhore split/copy from "Woots/Thanks-Yous"

                          Originally posted by shannon
                          I am a self professed Newbie. Those that met me at this CON know that I am NOT a Hacker nor am I normally anywhere near the 'scene' that goes on other than CON. I am a Stay at Home Mom with THREE Little Boys. I came this year with my Husband.

                          I met and was OVERLY Impressed with everyone that I came in contact with. Men and women alike. What most impressed me was the open-ness and non-judgemental attitude I was presented with.
                          astcell has a quote I've often cited, that really describes one big thing that can help people new to Defcon do well at Defcon:
                          "Be yourself" but he says it in a much better way:

                          Here:
                          Originally posted by here
                          ...One thing that does not go over well are people who know the meaning of AOL, BNC, NIC, PC and OS and immediate paint themselves as sysadmins at NASA.

                          Good word to anyone going: Be yourself. If you are a slurpee technician and play with computers on the side, then that's what you are. Be proud of it!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X