Free Vista!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Vista!!!!!

I thought you migt like to know how to get free vista... this is not too new to many digg users so I recommend getting it while it's still available. My copy has been reserved. I just did it not 20 minutes ago.

P.S.
    You don't even have to get all the answers right. I got 2 wrong.

http://www.microsoft.com/india/offers/vista/quiz.aspx -duhh forgot it. (I was in a hurry)
    Last edited by Beginner; August 28, 2006, 19:31.
    "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Re: Free Vista!!!!!

Originally posted by Beginner
    I thought you migt like to know how to get free vista... this is not too new to many digg users so I recommend getting it while it's still available. My copy has been reserved. I just did it not 20 minutes ago.

P.S.
    You don't even have to get all the answers right. I got 2 wrong.
    If you want to make this thread even remotely worthwhile for anyone to read, you might want to consider including the link.
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Fixed it. Thanks. I forgot it. I was in a hurry. I knew it didn't look right for some reason.
      "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

To qualify that, all it will really get you is a copy of the Beta that they are openly distributing with a trial key. so.. if the quiz thrills your wang, gofer.
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

nahh, they stopped givin out the trials, didn't you hear? No more new keys. This is the closest you will get and it would save you hours of hacking it to get around the key, and download time. I am a microsoft partner so I SHOULD know these things.
          Last edited by Beginner; August 28, 2006, 21:27.

Comment

it would save you hours of hacking it to get around the key
            yes, either that or two minutes downloading a .torrent file and loading it into your favorite BT client in order to download either the activation patch or just a re-worked version of the entire beta.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

nahh, they stopped givin out the trials, didn't you hear? No more new keys. This is the closest you will get and it would save you hours of hacking it to get around the key, and download time. I am a microsoft partner so I SHOULD know these things.
              I doubt anyone here has ever spent "hours of hacking" to activate Windows.
              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

there was that one time involving cheetoes, beer, and the militant smoker... man, the paramedics looked at us funny.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                  there was that one time involving cheetoes, beer, and the militant smoker... man, the paramedics looked at us funny.
                  I'll bite.. How many cheetoes did it take, and was it a greasy hack ?

Dutch
                  All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

You'd have to pay me to take it.
                    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Hmmm.... This was intended to be helpful... but OK whatever. I really dont care for windows much either, but it's free and they are shipping it to my door free. I am a partner with them to get the free stuff. (not really a partner per say as I do not give any part of my company nor do I get any of theirs.)

Have fun with the thread, go willy nilly, I would just appreciate it if one of my threads wasn't closed because of stupid crap.

Comment

Hmmm.... This was intended to be helpful... but OK whatever. I really dont care for windows much either, but it's free and they are shipping it to my door free. I am a partner with them to get the free stuff. (not really a partner per say as I do not give any part of my company nor do I get any of theirs.)

Have fun with the thread, go willy nilly, I would just appreciate it if one of my threads wasn't closed because of stupid crap.
                        There is no need to get upset. So far this thread started out fine, and was becoming a social thread. Don't take it personal. There are people who will take this opportunity to get a copy and learn about it, or perhaps hack around with it on a spare computer, and then there are people with strong opinions about OS who will refuse. Who cares what other people do?

This thread might devolve into an OS war, and if so, I'd probably prune that out into a separate thread, but most active people here have done the whole OS war thing elsewhere, and found it gets old, real fast.

Getting upset about the direction a thread that you start takes, exposes a button that people may try to press, "just to see the monkey dance."

The forums are social. The forums are technical. The forums exist to help in the planning of Defcon. Relax.

Comment

In fairness, I did not realize that they stopped openly pushing the beta. I know the torrent is easily available, but it NOT Microsoft sanctioned.. so for those wanting a truly, Microsoft branded legit, limited length beta .. er whatever.. I suppose the quiz will be your best bet at this point as Beginner pointed out. Sorry for setting a downtone on the thread.. apologies don't come often 'round here, so enjoy it for what it is ;)

Comment

Thank you VERY much converge. :) Thank you too CotMan.
                            Last edited by Beginner; August 29, 2006, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                              so for those wanting a truly, Microsoft branded legit, limited length beta ..
                              There are employers that only allow "properly licensed software" on their computers. Some even go so far as to "write-up" employees that install pirated, or unlicensed software.

I can imagine the (un?)-lucky employees of a company getting paid to "hack" on software, being required to go through official channels to get a properly cannonized, sanctified, and blessed copy of this release.

Most people, could probably just borrow a copy from a budy, and play.

To start a tangent... a torrent for distributing copies of MS Products? By limiting the release date, and denying new downloads,have they created an artificial shortage, and pushed the bandwidth utilization for future downloads of the "expired" copy, onto consumers? People sharing this think they are putting one over of MS, by sharing it beyond the date MS shared it, but really, did MS just Social Engineer consumers to use their own bandwidth to share this so MS doesn't have to pay to share it?

Muwhahaha! ]:>

Comment

Working...
                              X