Digital phone hacking? Tools? docs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital phone hacking? Tools? docs?

First, I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I say something out of line. I wanted to simply query anyone that can direct me to where I can get more information on "digital" cellular phones and accessing them via PC, to tinker and play with capabilities. NO, I am not interested in cloning, or illegal cloning, etc. I would just like to have a new cell phone that I can access "ALL" of its features and manipulate for simply personal enjoyment and experimentation. I once had the OKI-900, and DDI box and software, but that is all analog stuff, things of the past. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Why do American cell phones suck so incredibly much?

Originally posted by astcell
    I think it has to do with stupid people owning cell phones, lawyers, and more lawyers. People cannot drive with their phones, they crash into things, they worry about radiation poisoning from the phone, yet they continue to use them. (In Japan eyeglasses can be made really thin because they do not have to use the Nursery School safety glass have here).
    Keep in mind, most people in Japan have no hope of ever owning their own home, so they are more likely to spend money on high tech gadgets than saving to buy a house or something.
    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Re: Why do American cell phones suck so incredibly much?

Originally posted by austringer
      First, I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I say something out of line.
      First, a few things...
      No need to state you are new, since every user has that information provided with their join date.
      Next, we have a rule about replying to old threads like this one. One reason for this is that is brings back old discussions as though they were current, and can cause people to reply to old content, and lead to the rehashing of things previously settled.

I wanted to simply query anyone that can direct me to where I can get more information on "digital" cellular phones and accessing them via PC, to tinker and play with capabilities. NO, I am not interested in cloning, or illegal cloning, etc. I would just like to have a new cell phone that I can access "ALL" of its features and manipulate for simply personal enjoyment and experimentation. I once had the OKI-900, and DDI box and software, but that is all analog stuff, things of the past. Any help would be appreciated!
      This block of text is actually enough to be its own topic. (There is no need to have this be a reply to an existing thread.)
      Based on the previous cell phone topics discussed on the forums, there are people who have also played with the OKI900, and some of these may have also played in the digital phone space.

The forum search provided me with another thread.

Have you tried google?
      Some results I found with google:

No mention of Analog or Digital:
      Built-it Yourself Cell Phones

I have no idea if this is any good or covers digital phones:
      Amazon.com: "hacking Cell Phones

Traditional Voice Connection Modem over CDMA digital Cellular?

So. Use google (mentioned in the rules), no need to say you are new, and please don't reply to old threads (mentioned in the rules.)
      If the subject is good enough to stand on its own, starting a new thread is fine, and you can reference the old threads.

Let's see if the more informed people ont his forum will reply too...

Comment

Working...
      X