X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INIT_6
    replied
    Re: how 2.4 ghz antennas work?

ok, I understand now robosycho. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• robosycho
    replied

Originally posted by INIT_6
    I did a search on the forum didn't really find anything what answered my question.

I have a can-antenna. However I don't fully understand how they work.

You have Point A what is your laptop and your antenna.

And you have point B where the wireless router is.

I know when you boost the power on your antenna so it can send a signal further. You can TX your data to point B.

My question is how does it get the data back? Does your antenna make up for the distance?

Any clearafacation would help thank you in advance.
    The reason it can pull it in from farther is that the can serves to refocus the data that is being broadcast towards it, so where the signal strength would have been much lower it is increased.

**edit: it doesn't actually have more power to send it further either, it just focuses it. So theres more power going in one direction, allowing it to go further.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by INIT_6
    I did a search on the forum didn't really find anything what answered my question.

I know when you boost the power on your antenna so it can send a signal further. You can TX your data to point B.

My question is how does it get the data back? Does your antenna make up for the distance?

Perhaps this is simplified too much, but the antenna is directional in nature, that is, it is specifically designed to provide more gain in one particular direction. So yes, it is the design of the antenna that allows this to work.

An isotropic antenna is a theorectically perfect antenna that radiates equally in all directions. By providing directivity to an antenna, one can pull in signals at a further distance in one particular direction.

Leave a comment:

• INIT_6
    started a topic how 2.4 ghz antennas work?

how 2.4 ghz antennas work?

Working...
X