• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat video showing spyware/virus infection

I clean up friend and family PC's all the time, so I can relate, lol -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3atmWmWCwlw
    ..::800xl::..

Re: Neat video showing spyware/virus infection

don't know if it's more "neat" or just "sad"... the fact that the O/S architecture on someone's computer could allow that much system access simply through browsing a web page is pathetic and pitiful.

a variety of minor arguments and sad faces have been a part of my interaction with relatives when servicing their computers because i insist on removing internet explorer from win32 boxes in all situations.* the complaints of "what's this mozilla thing for?" or "but this doesn't look the same as my old browser" are often addressed with sayings that parents, aunts, and uncles gave to me when i was little... "i have to do this because i love you." hah!

* NOTE - if you switch someone to an alternate browser on a windows platform... be certain you're not merely pushing MSIE under the rug. making mozilla or something else the "default" browser without removing IE is not enough to protect people. get a hardcore windows environment tweaker (personally, i love the stuff from the gang at Lite PC) and actually remove the executables, rendering engine, and assocaited dlls, etc etc etc.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
    X