X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kree
    replied
    Re: iPhone

Well I just bought the htc tytn after anticipateing its arrival for over a year and before putting the 850 down for it I said to my wife, "the only thing thaat would make this phone perfect is if it was completely compatible with mac". Now six months later we have iphone, damn!

Just a quick discription why these all-in-one wonder phones work for me. First GSM is great for traveling through the southwest. I drive a truck and get great coverage in some of the worst areas. Second, having a camera that is capable of 2MP is great for sending pics back home and to friends and family. Third, having PDA functions just makes everything easier for me. Being able to have the weather forcast for any given city that I travel to at a quick glance is unreal compared to just a few years ago, and to have it all tied together with the internet have it be a wifi connection or through GSM/EDGE/UMTS/HSPDA, they all work great in my opinion.

Now am I ready to replace an $850 phone in which I have no contract, for a brand new iphone? Sure why not, I love my macs. If it makes it easier for me to carry around a little multimedia, syncs with my mac without using third party bandaid apps, and does everything my tytn does (except having 3G), I am all for it. I only wish when apple and cingular had started talking about this TWO YEARS ago they could have made some type of public anouncement then.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

meanwhile I'm running circles around folks with my htc wizard at half the price and extendable to many a network around teh globe.

I read somewhere, probably a link off slashdot, about some guy trying to debunk 10 'myths' about the iPhone. These 'myths' were actually valid complaints/problems/criticisms oversimplified for the average Mac user to understand and justified by the ingenius stick-fingers-in-our-ears-and-say-nananananana rebuttal tactic. It was kinda funny in its own pathetic way.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

The local paper, the Burlington Free Press, carried a story on it this morning calling it the "i(can't)Phone". It seems that Cingular service isn't available here. No Cingular, no iPhone. The local Apple fanatics are all crying in their beers.

Leave a comment:

• audit
    replied

As much as Chris likes Apple, I'm sure he's got one on order ;)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    Apple looks like idiots naming it the iPhone when Cisco (1) already trademarked the name iPhone in 2000 and (2) has a VOIP phone called "iPhone.

The lawsuit has already been filed.

Hmmm makes me wonder, if you can trademark "iPhone" maybe someone needs to get out there and snag "eMail."

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

In regards to the lawsuit, I have seen some discussion over on financial forums that basically Cisco positioned themselves the way they did because they knew Apple was going to go with the 'iphone' name. And it looks like thats probably the case as Cisco has already offered to drop the lawsuit if Apple shares its technology in some of its products with Cisco

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

Originally posted by converge View Post
    I think Nintendo should come out with a wiiPhone. It ships with a remote to dial calls by drawing numbers in the air.. with optional nunchuck that allows you to swing various gestures to form SMS text. An optional button pad could be purchased as well.. but who would want that?
    And the marketing practically writes itself

Take a Wii in your hand!

Leave a comment:

• jur1st
    replied

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the end of the licensing talks and beginning of the lawsuit. This is definitely one of the times when the attorneys for both sides are the clear winners.

That being said, I'll probably pick an iPhone up when it comes out. I've been waiting on pay-as-you-go plans for a while to figure out what carrier Apple would go with. My excitement has been tempered by the announcement that there will be no (official) third party software allowed.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by VAX_to_PBX View Post
    An Apple executive told BBC they where confident they'd win the case, but Cisco also has a giant budget seeing as they're the biggest networking solution manufacturer in the world.
    This from the same company that mispelled McIntosh (the apples, and the company) to Macintosh (the computer) to avoid trademark/copyright issues...

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

I think Nintendo should come out with a wiiPhone. It ships with a remote to dial calls by drawing numbers in the air.. with optional nunchuck that allows you to swing various gestures to form SMS text. An optional button pad could be purchased as well.. but who would want that?

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by converge View Post
    everyone knows Jobs owns the letter 'i' prefix
    heh, reminds me of the old chesnut... the Apple iProduct

Leave a comment:

• VAX_to_PBX
    replied

An Apple executive told BBC they where confident they'd win the case, but Cisco also has a giant budget seeing as they're the biggest networking solution manufacturer in the world.

Also I found out what makes the Iphone different from my 2 year old Ericsson cinguler. It has a gyro inside that flips the menus, and images. My Ericsson was a budgeted model too. but it has touchscreen, and all that crayness.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    bwa wha whaat?? ..but.. everyone knows Jobs owns the letter 'i' prefix !?!?

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Apple looks like idiots naming it the iPhone when Cisco (1) already trademarked the name iPhone in 2000 and (2) has a VOIP phone called "iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• BonzoESC
    replied

Yeah, I haven't been the mood for swapping SIMs every day, so my cameraphone just stays in my car. It's probably not worth my $500 for something that's going to do that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X