X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converge
    replied
    Re: HaXXXoR in Wikipedia

fyi.. search google for haxxxor and several links down is a cached copy of the altered page, shows as of march 26 but also notes its deletion per wikipedia. Think I'll try to grab a copy when I get near a home box.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied

perfect! Thanks for the follow-up!

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
    But more importantly, is the article going to be remove?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...letion/Haxxxor

The result was delete. Majorly (o rly?) 13:27, 27 March 2007 (UTC)

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Someone should put a picture of a teddy bear up in the Haxxxor article- (why? ask Jason Scott-)

LosT
    A teddy bear implies an obvious fascination with those under 18.

Leave a comment:

• jeremycec
    replied

Originally posted by bascule View Post
    If anyone cares, after much of the vandalism was reverted, I decided to just request deletion of the article. If you wish to opine, you can do so here:

Did anyone get a snapshot of the updated site before it was reverted?

jcec

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Someone should put a picture of a teddy bear up in the Haxxxor article- (why? ask Jason Scott-)

LosT

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied

But more importantly, is the article going to be remove?

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

I must be a wiki nazi, but I would probably tag that comment as "Citations Needed".
    citation seconded. i slapped that text into the wiki as i also saw this happen firsthand. hadn't heard the story about the girl demanding money for her photo being taken. geez, that's enough of a reason just to walk up and start snapping a few out of principle.

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Citation issued. I was (unfortunately) there and saw this happen. To be fair...I spent a large amount of my time dealing with the HaXXXor issue that year. And the next year for that matter even though I had not granted them space.
    That wouldn't be Original Research would it?

*Ducks Large Brick*

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

I must be a wiki nazi, but I would probably tag that comment as "Citations Needed".

Citation issued. I was (unfortunately) there and saw this happen. To be fair...I spent a large amount of my time dealing with the HaXXXor issue that year. And the next year for that matter even though I had not granted them space.

Leave a comment:

• bloofar
    replied

I can't vouch for that particular incident, but I have a hazy drunken recollection of being at DC11 and snapping a pic of one of them with my digital camera. She immediately started bitching about how I couldn't take her picture without paying her. I still have that pic somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Second
    replied

Boy, the most informative thing I learned from this whole subject is that hackajar and I are from da same hood!

Leave a comment:

• hackajar
    replied

First made available at DefCon 11, this DVD was almost immediately ripped and pirated by nearly half of the individuals present. On more than one occasion, HaXXXor girls grew visibly angered when DefCon attendees approached and asked for them to "autograph their movie" often holding out a Sharpie marker and a disc of recorded media. At least once, one of the actresses snapped such a disc in half and took a swing at the person making the request.

Made a vote for "delete" all the same. This does not meet wiki notibility criteria.

P.S. nMap chick was the only hot one (in comparison) at best in the flix.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied

If anyone cares, after much of the vandalism was reverted, I decided to just request deletion of the article. If you wish to opine, you can do so here:

Leave a comment:

• alklloyd
    replied

I remember seeing part of that in the middle of the night on DCTV and going WTF?
    The one doing nmap wasn't *that* bad looking <ducking>

Al

Leave a comment:

Working...
X