Campout Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campout Reminder

The campout was a hoot. We even got a surprise visit from fellow forum member, entr0py. The Iron Chef cook-off was fun as well. Converge and Mfreeck took first place with their wasabi infused macaroni and cheese, JonM took second with his meatball hoagies, and Evil took third with her campout nachos. Meee has pics of the various dishes.

I actually got some hiking in and have now officially completed all of the Old Growth Trail.

Here are some pic's of the event

Mine:
    http://www.23.org/gallery/view_album...6-CampOut-2007

JonM's:
    http://weak.org/gallery/events/dc206_503_campout_2007/

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Actually I don't have pictures of the food. They were taken with JonM's camera.

Converge & Mfreeck won with 152 points

JonM came in second

Evil came in a close third.

The food were rated on the following 30 point scale

10 points = Presentation

10 points = Best use of Secret Ingredients / Flavor

10 points = Originality

= 30 points

The ingredients were Ground Beef 93/7 blend
      and organic garlic.

Congrats to Converge and Mfreeck. They are the winners of a Nintendo Gaming Product and a Sega Genesis (prizes courtesy of m33p). Bragging rights and a trophy.

Originally posted by noid View Post
      The campout was a hoot. We even got a surprise visit from fellow forum member, entr0py. The Iron Chef cook-off was fun as well. Converge and Mfreeck took first place with their wasabi infused macaroni and cheese, JonM took second with his meatball hoagies, and Evil took third with her campout nachos. Meee has pics of the various dishes.

I actually got some hiking in and have now officially completed all of the Old Growth Trail.

Here are some pic's of the event

Mine:
      http://www.23.org/gallery/view_album...6-CampOut-2007

JonM's:
      http://weak.org/gallery/events/dc206_503_campout_2007/

Comment

perhaps the success and fun of this event will help to drum up some people's potential participation in the Titanium Chef event at the ToxicBBQ. still looking for potential teams there.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Holy menacing chipmunks batman!

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. We were sending the good vibes from under coatings of drywall mud that we wore all weekend :)
          If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

I thought those vibes were coming from you!, my crotch was itching the whole time. :p

The cooking contest was a blast and we kept it at a semi-competive but mostly cooperative fun cooking level (ie sharing supplies for our individual creations). I should point out that JonM and Evil are both insanely better cooks than mfreeck .. and I don't even plot on the map of being able to cook.. we just had a quick idea, lots of fatty substances and luck that folks were in the mood for the dish we made. So people considering participating at the TBBQ, this is certainly a contest where cookery of all sizes and shapes can let you compete in a fun way. The end result was LOTS of awesome food for the entire campout. I can't wait to see how this carries over to the TBBQ!
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
              I can't wait to see how this carries over to the TBBQ!
              i hope i can count on those who participated and had a good time for some decent hype, chatter, or even signups that might help move the Titanium Chef event forward as defcon 15 approaches.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
              X