Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShmooCon content

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ShmooCon content

    i've put up a couple of talks from ShmooCon this year. at this early time immediately post-con i encourage people to purchase the DVDs from Media Archives to help that dude offset his costs. and, of course, the shmoo crew puts all the talks from the con on the web soon enough. still, to whet your appetites, here's our Boomstick-Fu panel and also the presentation that was right before ours, Johnny Long's No-Tech Hacking.

    I hope to submit the firearms panel as a talk this year at DefCon... see what you think of it and give me some notes as to how to improve the format or initial slides should we get a green light for vegas.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

  • #2
    Re: ShmooCon content

    Thanks Deviant- I was going to bug you about this next week actually. ;)

    LosT

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ShmooCon content

      My presentation (at least the PPT version) is online at CoWF. Haven't seen the video version yet though.

      Since they are using somewhat of a rolling selection policy (they say 50% of the talks will already be selected by the end of cfp) you should probably get your presentation submitted soon.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ShmooCon content

        Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        i've put up a couple of talks from ShmooCon this year. at this early time immediately post-con i encourage people to purchase the DVDs from Media Archives to help that dude offset his costs. and, of course, the shmoo crew puts all the talks from the con on the web soon enough. still, to whet your appetites, here's our Boomstick-Fu panel and also the presentation that was right before ours, Johnny Long's No-Tech Hacking.

        I hope to submit the firearms panel as a talk this year at DefCon... see what you think of it and give me some notes as to how to improve the format or initial slides should we get a green light for vegas.
        No Tech Hacking came down pretty fast but I still haven't found any seeds for Boomstick-Fu. Regardless, once I get it, I'll seed it until no one wants it anymore.
        "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ShmooCon content

          Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
          No Tech Hacking came down pretty fast but I still haven't found any seeds for Boomstick-Fu. Regardless, once I get it, I'll seed it until no one wants it anymore.
          odd, both should be seeding from a work site of mine.

          UPDATE: weird, i am seeding fine on both files (both seeding on the same box) and both torrents were created exactly the same way. don't know what to make of this.

          UPDATE 2: seems to be working for me at the moment. just fired up the torrent at home and i'm pulling data from work at close to 100 K/sec. that is with uTorrent... when i tried at first with just the little executable of BitTornado that i had laying around i got some tracker error.
          Last edited by Deviant Ollam; March 31, 2007, 20:42.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ShmooCon content

            Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            odd, both should be seeding from a work site of mine.

            UPDATE: weird, i am seeding fine on both files (both seeding on the same box) and both torrents were created exactly the same way. don't know what to make of this.

            UPDATE 2: seems to be working for me at the moment. just fired up the torrent at home and i'm pulling data from work at close to 100 K/sec. that is with uTorrent... when i tried at first with just the little executable of BitTornado that i had laying around i got some tracker error.
            I eventually downloaded both, but (although I am seeding) haven't uploaded as much as byte in nearly 12 hours...
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ShmooCon content

              Can you say USENET? Why not post them there?

              Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ShmooCon content

                Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
                Can you say USENET? Why not post them there?
                will i get a dizzying array of shmooballs, empty cans, eggs, and possibly bricks thrown at my head if i answer this question with a simple "because usenet is dead" comment?

                heh, i don't really believe that -- and plenty of people have told me "IRC is dead" when i mention places i can be found or contacted online -- but i just don't use newsgroups at all, hence i didn't post there.
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ShmooCon content

                  Your loss, Dev...A lot faster than BT.
                  (In many situations, your mileage may vary.)

                  Al
                  "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X