X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockey Killer
    replied
    Re: Organizing local DC Group

I too read the FAQ for becoming a POC and forming a DCGroup in my area and we are already running a community and we have a nice crew with the name of h4ck3r.
    me n my friends are really intrested in forming a DCGroup .. and we do meet every week what i really wanted was that for next meeting we can introduce h4ck3r as DCGroup but doesn't seems like that any one is responding our mail .. If any one is looking after the formation of hackers group please reply us or contact us as we are really keen to reform our community as DCGroup .

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by Int3rc3pt View Post
    Rather than starting a new thread for a very similar topic I thought it best just to continue along in this one with my problem in establishing a local DC Group.

I too read the FAQ for becoming a POC and forming a DCGroup in my area. I submitted an email request to which I recieved silence...Now that could have been an issue on my end as my mailserver sucks and I noramally could care less about it but thought best to re-send the email through a more established service, gmail. This as well has meet with no response.

It very well could be that the person who normally responds to such requests in on a sabaticle or some such thing or perhaps there is an issue. In any event, I wanted to bring this to the attention of others as the 860 area is in need of new life!
    -Int3rc3pt
    If you tried, and received no response, and then tried 2 more times over a 1 month period, and there is still no listed POC or representation for the DCG in your area code, you can try contacting Jeff to see if anyone is monitoring the mailbox.

Leave a comment:

• Int3rc3pt
    replied

Rather than starting a new thread for a very similar topic I thought it best just to continue along in this one with my problem in establishing a local DC Group.

I too read the FAQ for becoming a POC and forming a DCGroup in my area. I submitted an email request to which I recieved silence...Now that could have been an issue on my end as my mailserver sucks and I noramally could care less about it but thought best to re-send the email through a more established service, gmail. This as well has meet with no response.

It very well could be that the person who normally responds to such requests in on a sabaticle or some such thing or perhaps there is an issue. In any event, I wanted to bring this to the attention of others as the 860 area is in need of new life!
    -Int3rc3pt

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by semprix View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I have readh the DC-Groups POC FAQ on how I can start a local dc-group in my place. I send an email to dcgroups@defcon.org but is seems to be bouncing back. Does this email address still active? Need some help from you guys in setting up a local dc-group in my place. Thank You
    I just tested this, and found one of the published MX is not accepting any mail (HELO or EHLO) but the other one is. When I tested the recipient on the one that was accepting mail, it did not complain about me (sender) or the recipient address you mention above.

Perhaps the bounces are partly a result of your sending mailserver failing to fail-over to the next Mail eXchanger on the list, and partly due to the first one tested not presently being available?

It is good that you post this question here. Check back later this evening, and try sending your mail again some time this afternoon while you wait. (We've had a lot of "geek spring cleaning" lately with maintenance and system alteration. Someone might be working on mail right now.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; April 22, 2007, 04:08.

Leave a comment:

• semprix
    started a topic Organizing local DC Group

Organizing local DC Group

Hello Guys,
    I have readh the DC-Groups POC FAQ on how I can start a local dc-group in my place. I send an email to dcgroups@defcon.org but is seems to be bouncing back. Does this email address still active? Need some help from you guys in setting up a local dc-group in my place. Thank You
Working...
X