• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighWiz
    replied
    Re: Traveling Terrabyte News

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
    You know that whole thing about Google knowing so much about you from your searches? "robot chicken mythbuster masturbation blindness" should throw a monkey wrench into the algorithm.
    But Google trolls these forums, so now it's aware of your game and will adjust correctively.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Originally posted by mouseling View Post
    Did you see the the robot chicken clip on the mythbusting of masturbation causing blindness?

-mouse
    You know that whole thing about Google knowing so much about you from your searches? "robot chicken mythbuster masturbation blindness" should throw a monkey wrench into the algorithm.

Leave a comment:

• mouseling
    replied

Did you see the the robot chicken clip on the mythbusting of masturbation causing blindness?

-mouse

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by mouseling View Post
    Actually Dev, you're a bit of an Urban Legend yourself now. It's just that you are "Myth Confirmed!"
    hehe... maybe i'll make a shirt with the "confirmed" plate metal image on it.

on a related mythbusters note... anyone watch robot chicken? i love the segments that are really short, almost one-liners. i was flipping around and caught one recent episode featuring clay models of our dear Jamie and Adam. the opening line in that clip was, "Today on Mythbusters... The Holocaust"

Leave a comment:

• mouseling
    replied

Actually Dev, you're a bit of an Urban Legend yourself now. It's just that you are "Myth Confirmed!"

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

The guy who thought it was an urban legend works with me. I'm still not unpacked. I'll take it in this week.

Once it is done here I hope to send it to Kabul, unless someone else has a better idea.

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    The green TTB is now in Dushanbe, Tajikistan!
    Woot !! That's great news!!

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    wow... it shows up on google maps, so it's a real location and everything.

seriously, i'm thrilled that it's started its next run. please feel free to push it out to anyone whom you can vouch for as being somewhat responsible and unlikely to lose or break it... i'd like to see it reach as many folk as possible. heh, see if it can get to that one fellow who said it was just an urban legend. was he posted to the same detail as you? or is he located someplace else?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

How does one have a look or borrow from the drive?

-Dallas

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    well, as mentioned above i split my risks and packed the tan "knowledge" TTB in my luggage and put the green "entertainment" TTB in my carry-on. i made it through security with no hassles and the first leg of my journey was fine. i'm on a layover in Chicago for a bit, with one TTB right next to me at the bar.

see everyone in vegas, baby!

btw, astcell... are you taking both of these downrange at the end of defcon? or are we going with another plan? eager to hear what folks can suggest.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

well, as mentioned above i split my risks and packed the tan "knowledge" TTB in my luggage and put the green "entertainment" TTB in my carry-on. i made it through security with no hassles and the first leg of my journey was fine. i'm on a layover in Chicago for a bit, with one TTB right next to me at the bar.

see everyone in vegas, baby!

btw, astcell... are you taking both of these downrange at the end of defcon? or are we going with another plan? eager to hear what folks can suggest.

Leave a comment:

• mouseling
    replied

This may be out of the ballpark for the knowledge section, but MIT has almost all of their lectures available for download. Not just CS or security related, but pretty much everything, including homework and exams.

-mouse

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
    Does anyone have the most up-to-date audiobook version of Kenneth C. Davis' "Don't Know Much About History"? It is an extremely "listenable" history of the United States that is far more accurate than the textbooks we used in my schools. If not, maybe I can de-DRMify my copy (although it might have to wait until after DefCon).

Other audiobooks I'd love to see on there are "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" (not as a religious swipe but merely because I find the arguments to be extremely interesting).
    i'll look for those on OiNK (or the winners of various contests that i'm running who get OiNK invites as prizes can download from there instead of me so that i keep my ratio higher, hehe)

Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
    if you can include that piece of crap Lucky Number Slevin then there is room for the great social engineering comedy Fletch.
    see, that's exactly the type of comments i need from folk once this really rolls along. the majority of content on the TTBs is stuff i haven't gotten to experience. while the TV Rip section is full of the few shows that my friends or i watch, i haven't gotten to view most of those movies yet and the MP3 music and music video dirs that aren't mine i have no clue about. i downloaded pretty much all of the audiobooks because i'm a fanatic about them, but i haven't gotten to play them all... maybe some are too poor quality or are fouled up in some other way. i look forward to the feedback that will help us prune the TTBs properly.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied

Does anyone have the most up-to-date audiobook version of Kenneth C. Davis' "Don't Know Much About History"? It is an extremely "listenable" history of the United States that is far more accurate than the textbooks we used in my schools. If not, maybe I can de-DRMify my copy (although it might have to wait until after DefCon).

Other audiobooks I'd love to see on there are "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" (not as a religious swipe but merely because I find the arguments to be extremely interesting).

In terms of eBooks, I'd like to make sure that we have the C/C++ Users Journal from 1990--2002, Applied Cryptography (2nd Edition), Design Patterns, Effective C++, More Effective C++, TCP/IP Illustrated (Volume 1), and Exploiting Software: How to Break Code. The chances are good that they fall into the "26,000+" category, but if that's not the case then we can do something about that.

PS: I know you're not soliciting Entertainment stuff, but if you can include that piece of crap Lucky Number Slevin then there is room for the great social engineering comedy Fletch.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied
    TTB04 contents

this is a list of just about everything on the TTB04 drive, the second of the "knowledge" pair...

==[[ TTB04 ]]==

[ Con CDs ]

DC12
    DC13
    ShmooCon 2004

[ Con Talks ]

BlachHat 2001
    CCC 2003
    DefCon 12
    DefCon 13
    DefCon 14

[ coWPAtty ]