X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antron Robot
    replied
    Re: Penn & Teller

Yup, they mentioned it again in the same trick on Monday. After the show, I caught Teller doing autographs. When I went up to him, he said (yes, Teller said) "so you're one of the Defcon guys, huh?"

I got a picture with him, too.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4...fcon107wq9.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ROOFSUP
    replied

I was also at the Penn & Teller show, Sunday. I recognized quite a few people from the con....

Leave a comment:

• AcidicA
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    yeah, that was awesome... for those who don't know the full scoop, one of the stage tricks that P&T do in their act pertains to a newspaper. they alternate reading different sections, ripping the pages down the middle, handing sections back and forth, etc etc... all the while Penn makes aside comments about silly news. This time it was cracks about Paris Hilton, drunk NASA people, and "Dateline at DefCon" (in the end, of course you can predict, with a flourish the paper is made whole again... very polished slight-of-hand work from them on all the tricks)

naturally the whole room let out a decent "w00t" since so many of us were present. speaking of, i was pissed almost the instant after introducing myself on stage during the gun trick for not giving "Deviant" as my name in a head nod towards all of the DC folks who were there that night.
    No biggy, I know your a pimp.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

yeah, that was awesome... for those who don't know the full scoop, one of the stage tricks that P&T do in their act pertains to a newspaper. they alternate reading different sections, ripping the pages down the middle, handing sections back and forth, etc etc... all the while Penn makes aside comments about silly news. This time it was cracks about Paris Hilton, drunk NASA people, and "Dateline at DefCon" (in the end, of course you can predict, with a flourish the paper is made whole again... very polished slight-of-hand work from them on all the tricks)

naturally the whole room let out a decent "w00t" since so many of us were present. speaking of, i was pissed almost the instant after introducing myself on stage during the gun trick for not giving "Deviant" as my name in a head nod towards all of the DC folks who were there that night.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    started a topic Penn & Teller

Penn & Teller

Went to Penn & Teller on Sunday night, and they dropped a reference to the Dateline NBC / Defcon debacle.

Rock.
Working...
X