X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canuckgeek
    replied
    Thanks,

I'll check out your site and perhaps try sitting in on a meeting of the 'new and improved' 2600 Calgary.

Canuckgeek

Leave a comment:

• Dented-Halo
    replied
    the 2600 of old, ie 2 years ago, compared to what it is now, is quite different.

there is a whole new group that is attending, and i think its safe to say that hte average age and maturity level has increased as well.

while there are no "topic speakers", along the lines of a ISSA/ISACA meeting, its still a decent learning environment for some.

Again you only get outta the meeting by how much you put into it.

read the forums to get a better assessment on the topics and flow of discussions and issues at the group in case you wanted to attend.

Leave a comment:

• canuckgeek
    replied
    Are you guys having meeting topics and speakers?

Maybe I hit 2600 Calgary on a bad night, but I went to one of your meetings a couple of years ago (ish), and it was just a unorganized gossip session. No offense intended.

Canuckgeek

Leave a comment:

• Dented-Halo
    replied
    next meeting may 3rd

Leave a comment:

• Dented-Halo
    started a topic Calgary CANADA 2600 - new page up

Calgary CANADA 2600 - new page up

anyone in the 403 area code check it out. Representing southern Alberta.

Will have a large representation at this years defcon. About 15 of us were at Defcon 9, hopefully the same amount will make it this year, if not more. 2 cars guranteed so far, with another one being worked on, more to come.

http://www.calgary2600.com

Come sit on our irc server too if interested

irc.calgary2600.com

#calgary2600 / #telust
Working...
X