DEFCON 20 Forum Meet Starts Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON 20 Forum Meet Starts Here!

Thanks so much to TheCotMan for getting our Defcon 20 Forum Meet forum up and running!

We are still in the early stages of planning, however we want everyone to plan on attending the DEFCON 20 Forum Meet.

Many of you out there have been to numerous Forum Meets over the years, Do you have Ideas and thoughts on what would make the meet great?

Have you missed the meet in the past but don't want to lose out on the fun this year and have some thoughts?

Please let us know. You can post your thoughts here or you can PM me if your shy.

Thanks

Re: DEFCON 20 Forum Meet Starts Here!

The hardest hurdle every year is finding a time to have the meet.
    Last year right after the GoonBand was a good time to have the meet.
    DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
      Thanks so much to TheCotMan for getting our Defcon 20 Forum Meet forum up and running!
      You are welcome! Good luck!

I've added you and Lil_Freak as forum leaders/organizers to this forum. Last year, and the year before, i think Nikita also worked on the forum meet. If you talk with Nikita and all three of you decide to work together, let me know and I can add her, too. If she is too busy with other things, or you and lil_freak think you can handle it, that is ok too. Just let me know what you all decide.
      tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
        We are still in the early stages of planning, however we want everyone to plan on attending the DEFCON 20 Forum Meet.

Many of you out there have been to numerous Forum Meets over the years, Do you have Ideas and thoughts on what would make the meet great?

1) I think you should definitely do the stickers again this year (they were awesome).

2) We've always talked on these forums about moving the time/night. I think setting it to Friday Night would probably be a good idea, instead of debating the topic and ultimately settling on Friday night, again...

3) The actually length of the event would really depend on how much time you want to dedicate to it. Personally, I think the fact that it ran for a few hours worked well last year. I can also imagine though, that it was probably a pain in the ass to have to be there for 4-5 hours n Friday night.

4) Using last year as a "lessons learned": Perhaps having any type of games, contests, readings at the forum meet would be good to do after the goon band. Just create a schedule and try to stick to it... Some people won't want to sit there and listen to the stories, some people won't want to participate in the games/contests. Knowing when those things are going to happen, may help people in knowing when to show up/leave without being rude.

5) If you do have any game contests, let me know, I'll be happy to throw in a 101 T-shirt or something else as a prize.

6) Kick Grifter directly in his nut sack, if he tries to move the room.
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

HighWiz,

Thanks for the great Input!

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
            5) If you do have any game contests, let me know, I'll be happy to throw in a 101 T-shirt or something else as a prize.
            I like this idea. IF people decide they like the design I submitted for the DEFCON Shoot T-shirt && I end up being the one getting them made THEN I'd be willing to throw one into the ring as a prize.Ninja edit: Go here and say how much you like my design

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
              1) I think you should definitely do the stickers again this year (they were awesome).
              Bbox and I have decided that we would do stickers again this year.

2) We've always talked on these forums about moving the time/night. I think setting it to Friday Night would probably be a good idea, instead of debating the topic and ultimately settling on Friday night, again...
              Friday it is. As soon as I have a room number/name I'll get that posted with the time for the meet.

3) The actually length of the event would really depend on how much time you want to dedicate to it. Personally, I think the fact that it ran for a few hours worked well last year. I can also imagine though, that it was probably a pain in the ass to have to be there for 4-5 hours n Friday night.
              Also done. Bbox and I talked and decided that having the Forums Meet run for a few hours made it more accessible and also would make it easier for more GOONs to show up.

4) Using last year as a "lessons learned": Perhaps having any type of games, contests, readings at the forum meet would be good to do after the goon band. Just create a schedule and try to stick to it... Some people won't want to sit there and listen to the stories, some people won't want to participate in the games/contests. Knowing when those things are going to happen, may help people in knowing when to show up/leave without being rude.
              Taken into account, I'll chat with Bbox and once we get a room and times squared away I'll post all the details as to when we'll do the stories, give-a-ways, games, and what ever else may occur.

You are hereby notified. Thanks HighWiz!!!

6) Kick Grifter directly in his nut sack, if he tries to move the room.
              Noted

....More to come later, stay tuned.
              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Make sure to get a similar room again, it was great having it right in the middle of everything. I know I came and went several times.

Also everyone should bring 6/12/24/36 beers to share, as long as no "organizers" are distributing them then I don't think the hotel will get mad.

Kallahar
                --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

I think I can find some disorganized and unaffiliated beer to bring
                  If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Working...
                  X