Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for games and Contests and Stuff.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for games and Contests and Stuff.....

Like the title says "Ideas for Games, Contests, and Stuff: Please post your ideas here so Bbox and I can work on it and hear from you the Forums Members on what you'd like to see, have, and do. After it is our Forums Meet and everyone here is invited.
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Re: Ideas for games and Contests and Stuff.....

Cards Against Humanity is pretty fun. It’s open source too! Best played when slightly drunk, (4-20+) players . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cards_Against_Humanity

There was a trivia contest a few years ago. It went pretty well if I remember correctly.

We could have a poster printed of Gregory D. Evans, and play pin the tail on the jackass.
    I've got 99 problems, but a Mac ain't one.

Comment

"bar trivia"? sorta like a hacker jeopardy, but much more informal (say, just one point per team per question).

Teams of 5, people can come and go, make sure it's far more about the fun than about winning/losing.

Kallahar
      --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
        Like the title says "Ideas for Games, Contests, and Stuff: Please post your ideas here so Bbox and I can work on it and hear from you the Forums Members on what you'd like to see, have, and do. After it is our Forums Meet and everyone here is invited.
        If you are the forum member that actually gets DT to remember to show up for the meet...you get a prize
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          If you are the forum member that actually gets DT to remember to show up for the meet...you get a prize
          Challenge Accepted.
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
            Challenge Accepted.
            I will start printing the;
            I saw DT stickers
            and the
            I am DT stickers
            and the
            I brought DT to the DC20 Forum Meet Button.

If all else fails we can have a come as DT contest and award a prize to the best DT. Just imagine he really shows but we select the wrong DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
              I am DT stickers
              I wonder who will lead our own rendition of, "I AM SPARTACUS!" ? :-)
              tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                I wonder who will lead our own rendition of, "I AM SPARTACUS!" ? :-)
                My Magic Eight Ball Says: GodMinusOne

Back on track: Time is running down till Con Starts so please post more ideas. Because I'm going to Con this year even if I have to come hooked up to a damn I.V. and stuff, Hell or High Water I will be there. So again please post your ideas.
                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I'm guessing the forum meet is going to happen Friday night, is there a set time yet?
                  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                    I'm guessing the forum meet is going to happen Friday night, is there a set time yet?
                    We submitted Friday 9pm to 12pm and are going with that untill told otherwise. I have not yet recieved any official notice of the room or confirmation that the time was approved.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
                      Back on track: Time is running down till Con Starts so please post more ideas. Because I'm going to Con this year even if I have to come hooked up to a damn I.V. and stuff, Hell or High Water I will be there. So again please post your ideas.
                      Good. You said "post your ideas" not "post your ideas if they are any good":

Game -- "my first defcon". Frood comes in to the forum meet. Either has to convince people of what defcon he/she attended first or other folks guess which was their first. Some challenges/counter challenges ensue. There is drinking. Hilarity. Get to learn about peeps. That's not really an idea, kind of a fuzzy nucleus that could be an idea. But I'm throwing it out there in to the marketplace.

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
                      I will start printing the;
                      I am DT stickers
                      Oooh, I so have the perfect spot for one of those...
                      TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by FirmWarez View Post

Oooh, I so have the perfect spot for one of those...

I'll Have 1 ready for you!

See you at the DC20 Forum Meet

Friday night July 27th Starting at 9pm in Palma G & H
                        Last edited by Bbox; 07-19-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X