DC15 CTF Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC15 CTF Video

I am new to Defcon and spent hours enjoying that bitchen video played on the walls during Capture the Flag (completely sober as far as you know). Is this available for download somewhere? I would like to use this to seduce women with. I checked the FAQ and searched the forums, but can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Re: DC15 CTF Video

Originally posted by dc15newbie View Post
    I am new to Defcon and spent hours enjoying that bitchen video played on the walls during Capture the Flag (completely sober as far as you know). Is this available for download somewhere? I would like to use this to seduce women with. I checked the FAQ and searched the forums, but can't find it. Thanks in advance.
    This collection of content is often referred to as the "DefCon Filler material" due to the fact that these clips were historically used as space padding in between movies on DefCon TV. Since the DefCon Movie Channel is no longer played, i guess the name "filler" is a bit off the mark.

In any case, there are sort of two archives of content...

1. The movie channel filler. This was originally compiled and played by Tierra on DCTV. It was a sort of free-for-all collection where any community members could upload stuff in any format. Later i took on the task of editing, cleaning up, and reencoding these files. Duplicates and shitty content was removed, anything with a URL or company logo was edited or rejected, and all clips were put in XviD format with MP3 audio.

2. The Kenshoto filler. This archive is what Bob plays on the wall in the CTF room. There is a lot of crossover between this and my archive mentioned above. In fact, last year Bob and I fully shared our content. Almost all of his files are high-res MPEG2 streams suited for large projection.

This past year i've been organizing these two filler archives and merging them together. Along with this, i've sort of become the point person for adding new clips each time a person posts a youtube link and says "this should be part of the DefCon video archive!!1!"

Traditionally, i whip up DVD-R's of the content archive just before each DefCon. I give one to whomever is doing public broadcasts for them to edit their master list. I toss out a few during the closing ceremonies as prizes, audience swag, etc. Then, when we all get home from DefCon the filler appears as a torrent here on the forums.

More recently, the filler has also made an appearance on the green "entertainment' Traveling Terabyte volume.

Perhaps i'll take the increased time i plan to have on the upcoming sleep hacking project and finish the task of fully-integrating Bob's archive with my own and make a torrent of it as a sort of mid-season "halfway to defcon" download for everyone to enjoy. It's really grown in size a lot, especially with his large MPEG2 files. Perhaps i'll encode them down to XivD as well, but keep the master copies for him to have in high-res if he wishes.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Any chance any of this content will be accompanying you to ShmooCon this year?
      DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
        Any chance any of this content will be accompanying you to ShmooCon this year?
        It's very likely, yes. It will be with the typical bi-annual public appearance of the TTBs before they zip off again to parts unknown. as usual, i'm hoping to put together a list of deployed parties who should make the rotation on this next leg of travels.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          It's very likely, yes. It will be with the typical bi-annual public appearance of the TTBs before they zip off again to parts unknown. as usual, i'm hoping to put together a list of deployed parties who should make the rotation on this next leg of travels.
          I'll start looking for likely candidates now and see if I can't have some names/addresses to give you. I'll also start looking for some storage devices of my own.

As always, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with this.
          DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
          X