• Show
Clear All

• Google Question

Why do I get so many of these?

IPS Detection Alert: POLICY Google SSL Connections,

My ip's get hammered by these attempts. It's enough to trip

12/26/2007 15:41:57.592 - Maximum events per second threshold exceeded

More than once.

Just curious why I'm getting all this incoming Google traffic.

xor

Google SSL Connections

Category: POLICY

Google Talk is based on the Jabber open-source standard, which allows consumers to connect with other messaging systems that work with Jabber, such as Apple Computer’s iChat, GAIM, Adium, Trillian Pro and Psi.

Google Talk uses SSL protocol to transmit data. This rule attempts to block all SSL connections between Google and its clients. Hence other Google services using SSL (such as Gmail) might as well be blocked.

I don't use any of these products. I don't even use ICQ.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Re: Google Question

Could it be Google's spiders?
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Re: Google Question

Spiders I hate spiders, virtual or otherwise. Why use SSL. I only use IRC for chatting and that was very recently. I use to like Google I'm liking them less and less. Uber-creepy, there's got to be some type of hole there that can get exploited sounds like a possible paper to me. The traffic is very excessive I wouldn't mite a few hits here and there but not the thousands and thousands that get dropped by my firewall.

xor
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Working...
      X