DEF CON LinkedIN Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON LinkedIN Group

I'm not a big fan of all the social networking sites just because I think it is too easy to leak all kinds of personal information. For business, though, all my infoz are totally public, so I use LinkedIN.

I have created a DEF CON group on LinkedIN in case you already have an account there.

Because we don't collect email address there is no easy way to pre-approve people, so just use the following link to request membership.

http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/47798/109B061719DC

I'll approve them all, but want to only spread the word using the forums, RSS, and the web site.

DT
    PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Re: DEF CON LinkedIN Group

A great idea, DT. There are at least 4 DC regulars that are currently of LinkedIN users that I know about.
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
      A great idea, DT. There are at least 4 DC regulars that are currently of LinkedIN users that I know about.
      It's a great idea, and then some. I know that there are close to 20 long time Defcon Attenders on LinkedIn. I am even now awaiting the approval for my request.

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
        It's a great idea, and then some. I know that there are close to 20 long time Defcon Attenders on LinkedIn. I am even now awaiting the approval for my request.
        Thanks for the good responses!

I'll go ahead and make an RSS announcement then, and move on to the web site!

Comment

Sounds great to me. Request pending...thanks!
          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

This is a suggestion, directed towards those just joining LinkedIn now, to be part of this group. It isn't MySpace, it isn't Facebook, and it isn't Tribe. For the most part, they (LinkedIn) take the professional aspect of it seriously.

While it isn't strictly necessary to use your true name, an account created as "%cp" for the name is ripe for deletion. I personally have at least two connections that are there with an alias, but it's a well known alias, and they're pretty professional guys, otherwise.

Comment

I treat LinkedIn different as well. It has my true name and employer. Kids will find it very boring compared to Facebook and not stay there long.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                I treat LinkedIn different as well. It has my true name and employer. Kids will find it very boring compared to Facebook and not stay there long.
                Boring is good. Make it too much "fun", as you suggested, and it will become facebook or myspace.
                "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                  Kids will, attackers won't. It's the first place I hit when I'm gathering names and titles for SE work on any enterprise engagement. That being said, it's done me more good than harm, so I keep my info pretty accurate.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I still can't link up with pool2girl.

Comment

I keep my professional account updated and have sent DT my request to join.
                      DaKahuna

Comment

Just checked the member count today, over 400 people in the group. Crazy!

Comment

Working...
                        X