Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP HACKING FORUM... Look at what I can do (Was: Lookee icandu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP HACKING FORUM... Look at what I can do (Was: Lookee icandu)

So friends.. Here is is..
    PSP phat can and does the following.. Lynix shell, applecore 5x, GPS, VIOP/SIP wi-fi phone, wi-fi sniffer, Iphone clone. even p 2 p video chat!! If anyone is intrested I would be more than happy to post all the cool stuff psp now do.. .elf files anyone? EBOOT!!

Re: PSP HACKING FORUM... Lookee icandu

Self-Editted because TCM pointed out I was being a douche.

Anyway, on topic. Sony sells their own GPS unit for the PSP...and wouldn't it have to be a hardware hack anyway?

And IIRC, Skype announced VOIP cannot be done on the PSP Phat because Sony actually installed less memory in the PSP Phat than the new PSP slims. With VOIP not being an option, doesn't that at least eliminate p2p video chat, and possible wifi phone capabilities?
    Last edited by xXKelbaXx; January 11, 2008, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by xXKelbaXx View Post
      I have no clue what you just said. Perhaps you should try visiting http://www.edufind.com/english/grammar/ for help.
      Please don't enforce rules. Remember what happened last time someone brought up enforcement of proper spelling and grammar? The mods know what they are doing and will address problems as they see them.

Thanks!

(You'll see I set this as a sticky so people will know about it. Additionally, you can't necessarily tell if a poster appears to be posting from a country where English is not the primary language being used. Users flaming each other is allowed in the /dev/random forum.)
      Last edited by TheCotMan; January 11, 2008, 20:47. Reason: typo (seem instead of see)

Comment

So, what is the new hotness in PSP Hacking then?

Is it worth it to get a new latest model, or go with the old brick with the UMD drive?
        PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Post the linky/ies please, don't be a cyber tease. :-)

xor
          Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
            Please don't enforce rules. Remember what happened last time someone brought up enforcement of proper spelling and grammar? The mods know what they are doing and will address problems as they see them.
            Unable to access the page (no permission)... out of curiosity what are you referring to?

Anyway that PSP seems like quite the interesting achievement, but you need to post a link to give us a closer look.
            One Nation Under Surveillance
            "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

Comment

I thought the initial post in this thread was spam and didn't even bother replying.
              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai Drifter View Post
                Unable to access the page (no permission)... out of curiosity what are you referring to?
                [forum=121]/dev/random[/forum] Is a user-joinable social forum with much fewer restrictions. (Rules for it are posted inside that forum.)

In order to see "/dev/random" you must choose to subscribe to the "All Social" Usergroup in your UserCP.

The /dev/random forum is an experiment to see how a defcon forum with fewer restrictions might work. (This idea came about after talking with people at Defcon. They expressed disinterest in the forums because they seemed too restrictive.) All content in /dev/random is not public, but only viewable by forum members if they are part of the All_Social group. All new accounts created since the creation of the All_Social user group are automatically joined to it. However, I didn't force older accounts to be members of it. Additionally, people automatically joined to it can leave it. This was part of a change in service to allow users to control which forums they choose to see and search.

Posts made in /dev/random don't increment post count either, so people that think a higher post count is meaningful don't abuse that space. Really, if people want to be social or have a space that is much less restrictive, they can post content there. I pulled the grammar/spelling discussion there because it isn't really on-topic, and shouldn't be archived by search engines.

Anyway that PSP seems like quite the interesting achievement, but you need to post a link to give us a closer look.
                Yes, the list of items shown as possible is long, but would be better with citations. :-)
                Last edited by TheCotMan; January 12, 2008, 11:52.

Comment

Re: PSP HACKING FORUM... Look at what I can do (Was: Lookee icandu)

so i cant believe im saying this and not being TOLD it for once but... google is your friend ;)

when the psp came out me and some friends were heavy into the mod scene, getting some of the earliest home brew elfs to compile and run on the original 1.5 firmware. since then there has been a LOT of progress on them and tons of forms with useful information are out there for your searching pleasure.

IMO the best (and one of the oldest) dev site is still http://ps2dev.org/

http://www.dark-alex.org/ => the guy who makes the currently respected "best and most reliable downgrader"

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Emulators_on_PSP => all the emulators out there (i recommend the mame one, ive had some VERY nice results -_-)

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/ => mostly newer crowd that spawned after the US releases but still a good place to go if you want to keep current on modz and things that are out there in the dev community.

Comment

Working...
                  X