WM5-6 S/Mime PGP Non-Exchange Mail Server & Push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM5-6 S/Mime PGP Non-Exchange Mail Server & Push

So what are people using to send encrypted mail with their WM devices these days since there is no PGP for WM anymore? It gets complicated with both PGP and S/MINE to have 2 sets of keys one for mobile e-mail the other for desktop. I may be missing something here so pleased clue me in if I'm mistaken.

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Re: WM5-6 S/Mime PGP Non-Exchange Mail Server & Push

Originally posted by xor View Post
    So what are people using to send encrypted mail with their WM devices these days since there is no PGP for WM anymore? It gets complicated with both PGP and S/MINE to have 2 sets of keys one for mobile e-mail the other for desktop. I may be missing something here so pleased clue me in if I'm mistaken.

xor
    SquirrelMail has a PGP/GPG plugin with known security risks (unless you trust root, web user, etc) or you only use it to verify mail signed by other people, or use it to only encrypt mail using someone else's public key.

They have suggestions for "workarounds" such as a webmail-specific private key that you trust less than your "real" key.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=153

(Assuming WM means WebMail: Such assumptions are risks when there are risks for collisions in a shared namespace.)

Comment

Re: WM5-6 S/Mime PGP Non-Exchange Mail Server & Push

Sorry Cotman should have been more specific. I was referring to Windows Mobile devices. Specifically Windows Mobile 6. From what I've been able to find out there is nothing out there. Which means a good coder could make some money writing a pgp program that worked with outlook on windows mobile.

xor
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Working...
      X