SF2600.Org Now Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF2600.Org Now Up

We have a pdf of fliers there.... go print them out and hand out! Let's get attendance up in SF.

I'm currently organizing some guest speakers from other 2600 meetings around the country, stay tuned to the site for details.

Lemme know if you wanna help out with the site. Best way is to contact me in #sf2600 on efnet.

Cheers,

.JustaBill, aka DarcElf

http://www.sf2600.org
    IRC (efnet) #sf2600
    Last edited by JustaBill; April 7, 2002, 18:33.

Well the first san francisco 2600 website is hosted by the YAK. Setup by ross...

The link is: http://www.yak.net/sf2600/

/home/simon out
    "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

YAK may have been first, but DarcElf is actualy doing something. We were stagnant for a long time down in LA till we registered a domain, printed flyers, revamped the site and began posting regular updated..boom, attendance shot up within 2 months.

If you dont do anything with the website, folks loose interest and begin to think that the meetings dead.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I have to agree with noid there. It takes a lot more than saying there is a 2600 meeting to make it work. I used to put fliers in every issue of 2600 at Barnes & Noble and Borders in the Salt Lake area, as well as leaving some in the breakrooms of local colleges and technical schools.

Now things are just swell. Word of mouth takes care of it after the first year or so. But every once in awhile I still get a hair up my ass and distro some fliers. Average 2600 Salt Lake City attendance is about 30 or more. Which isn't half bad.

Go DarcElf Go! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If I could get a meeting going in Utah of all places. SF shouldn't be a problem.
        .: Grifter :.

Comment

come on guys...

who doesn't know about the meetings in sf? most of the time the meetings range around 25+ people with upwards of 40 at times. there are always people who show every meeting, then the people who show once and others who stop by every once in a while. thats just how things work.

dont get me wrong, updates and what not are good, but i dont think the meetings lack due to a "poor" web site is all.

simon
          "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

Working...
          X