Defcon Booths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Booths

I'm not quite sure who to ask about this, but this seems to be as good a place as any.

What's the scoop on setting up a vendor booth at Defcon? Does one have to register with an organizer? Is there a fee? Are there limits on the type of merchandise which is acceptable to sell? Does one have to talk to the hotel, or is it strictly taken care of within the Defcon personnel?

Any and all related information is requested.

Thanks!

Re: Defcon Booths

I am not in charge of this, but I can answer a few of your questions.

Originally posted by starlapureheart
    What's the scoop on setting up a vendor booth at Defcon? Does one have to register with an organizer? Is there a fee? Are there limits on the type of merchandise which is acceptable to sell? Does one have to talk to the hotel, or is it strictly taken care of within the Defcon personnel?
    In order to setup a vendor booth, you have to speak with either Russ or Chris. There is a fee, but I do not know the exact price. There are limits on merchandise, in some cases. For instance, you are not allowed to sell alcohol or caffeinated drinks. The Hotel makes a profit off that outfit, and they won't give it up. I suggest contacting Russ or Chris via e-mail.
    I'm sure they'll post here in the next few hours with more official info.

EDIT: Check this FAQ.

Comment

Actually, nulltone is pretty much dead on. Send me an email (chris@defcon.org) and let me know what you need after you have read the FAQ and we can move rforward from there.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
      X