(303/720) Colorado meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (303/720) Colorado meetings

So it appears that the meetings in Colorado are pretty much dead(as far as I can tell). However I have been working on starting a new meeting and got a few people together, but we still need more. If you are interested in Colorado(Denver/Lakewood) DC meetings or 2600 meetings please contact me at hellorev@gmail.com or just show up. Our meetings are held this first Friday of every month at 5:30. The location can be found here -> http://storelocator.barnesandnoble.c....do?store=2877
    The Barnes and Noble located at Denver west.

We meet in the Starbucks section.

If you are interested please contact me.

Hope to see you there

-rev

Re: (303/720) Colorado meetings

Heh don't forget the 970..even tho i'm sure i'm probably the only person IN the area code who knows what DC / 2600 is...
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
      Heh don't forget the 970..even tho i'm sure i'm probably the only person IN the area code who knows what DC / 2600 is...
      I am still happy to know its not a completely dead scene in Colorado. If you are ever out in Denver please come and attend a meeting. Glad to know people are reading the forums :)

Comment

*boggle*

Asstons of people from Colorado attend Defcon, and 303 (while having a lot of out-of-state membership) is probably the largest group there.

DC303 meetings aren't dead. They happen the 3rd Friday of every month at Cafe@Netherworld. You can read more about it here:

http://dc303.defcon.org/
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

I know this was more about northern Colorado, but DC719 is still going strong! This Saturday will be the DC719 5 year anniversary! We are also talking about getting a bunch of us from down here to attend some of the 303/970 meetings, and/or doing other statewide type stuff.

-h3adrush
          dc719.org
          ARRR!

Comment

dc303 site was just recently updated i guess. bc last i checked it was 2 yrs out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by H3adrush
              I know this was more about northern Colorado, but DC719 is still going strong! We are also talking about getting a bunch of us from down here to attend some of the 303/970 meetings, and/or doing other statewide type stuff.
              Yup, DC719 is still going strong. We have some big projects planned for the year and would love to have more people to help out, learn some new stuff, etc.

We are also talking about getting a bunch of us from down here to attend some of the 303/970 meetings, and/or doing other statewide type stuff.
              Of course it would help us to make plans to travel up to other meetings if websites were current and up to date.

Originally posted by r3v View Post
              dc303 site was just recently updated i guess. bc last i checked it was 2 yrs out of date.
              I hope it stays updated, we want to have a road trip to Denver and sit in on a meeting sometime soon.
              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

went to the 303 meeting tonight. and nobody there i could tell. It seemed like the regular bar crowd. I was a little upset. Earlier today. I got a email from one of the members from the mailing list saying that they were not holding the meeting tonight due to a goth girl spreading hepatitis C all over the bar stools. Regrettably I thought this was seriously the case and took the initiative to the call the bar. Nope no hepatitis C. However there was no defcon meeting neither. A little disappointing. Colorado you have let me down tremendously as far as meeting aspects. When a user emails the whole mailing list asking about the regular 3rd friday of the month meeting he should expect more than one reply. And those replies should contain meeting information and not some fantasy story about a hepatitis C outbreak at the goth bar.

Regrets,

rev

Comment

Please don't take your issue with "Colorado" as the whole state and everyone in it because the 303 did not apparently show up. What email list are you on? What is the email address for the list that you are on and got this information? Do you know any 303 or any CO peeps yet?

Don't forget, as a whole, "hackers" tend to be a flaky anti-social bunch.

my .02.

Just try again.

went to the 303 meeting tonight. and nobody there i could tell. It seemed like the regular bar crowd. I was a little upset. Earlier today. I got a email from one of the members from the mailing list saying that they were not holding the meeting tonight due to a goth girl spreading hepatitis C all over the bar stools. Regrettably I thought this was seriously the case and took the initiative to the call the bar. Nope no hepatitis C. However there was no defcon meeting neither. A little disappointing. Colorado you have let me down tremendously as far as meeting aspects.
                  DJ Jackalope
                  dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

I didnt mean to make it seem like i was mad a Colorado. Mostly denver and the attendance. It just been a bit disappointing. I have been pretty persistent and nothing. but no worries. the 2600 meetings i am hosting out in lakewood are looking pretty good.The mailing list i was on is the dc303.org member list. the address is dc303@dc303.org. I have met a few 303 ppl mostly through my 2600 stuff. However I would like to meet more and figured the supposed DC meeting was a good place seeing as people were very sure that the meeting was up and running with much attendance. We will see how things go at the next supposed meeting. and if you know some people out here you should send them my way.

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                    Please don't take your issue with "Colorado" as the whole state and everyone in it because the 303 did not apparently show up. What email list are you on? What is the email address for the list that you are on and got this information? Do you know any 303 or any CO peeps yet?

Don't forget, as a whole, "hackers" tend to be a flaky anti-social bunch.

my .02.

Just try again.

Comment

went to the 303 meeting tonight. and nobody there i could tell. It seemed like the regular bar crowd. I was a little upset.
                      Did you try asking around, or did you just sit there waiting for someone to ask if you were there for the DC303 meeting?

Earlier today. I got a email from one of the members from the mailing list saying that they were not holding the meeting tonight due to a goth girl spreading hepatitis C all over the bar stools. Regrettably I thought this was seriously the case
                      That's some lulz right there
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                      [ redacted ]

Comment

Hey r3v,
                        Sorry for the late reply - a few of us were talking about coming over to the 2600 gathering to meet you guys. Most of the crowd have very active jobs, families, etc. and it's tough to break away. I won't be able to attend the upcoming meeting because I will be traveling (as usual) but if you could kick me over the details I would happily pass them on. Next time you stop in at Netherworld (late night) ask the bartender or the owner if any of the 303 are around.

Also the hepatitis C thing was a joke (and a bad one), not sure who told you that.

Comment

FYI:
                          DC303 & 303 are different crowds - but all good friends though.

DC303 meetings = your learn awesome tech / code - very focused, smart, accepting crowd.

303 "meetings" = you learn how to get drunk, offended, and maybe get into a heated discussion about some off the wall weapon, radio communications, Tesla research, mil/gov tech, etc.

There isn't any formality to it just a bunch of friends with similar interests sitting around drinking. Also 303 does host a 2601 meeting the first Saturday of the month, for an example of what goes on please re-read the previous paragraph.

-Pyr0

Comment

Am in 719; where can I get some info on the dc719 group? Am eventually moving to 303 once a job allows for the move, but am interested none the less in either group. Lemme know-

Scratch that--- just saw the 719 post---
                            Kaiser-
                            NMD
                            Network Architecture & Security Manager
                            "We always have our finger on the button... and yes.. it is red." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Imkaisersoze View Post
                              Am in 719; where can I get some info on the dc719 group? Am eventually moving to 303 once a job allows for the move, but am interested none the less in either group. Lemme know-

Scratch that--- just saw the 719 post---
                              We will be switching to a new host within the next week, during this time our site will be up and down. Plus when all is said and done the site will have a new layout.

Our forums should be up during this move/update so feel free to post and or send any of us a pm.

Also, I'll add our August meeting date next week so watch for it.
                              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Working...
                              X