Feds have backdoor into major wireless carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds have backdoor into major wireless carrier

But the whistleblower won't say which one...

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...eblower-f.html

Awesome...
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: Feds have backdoor into major wireless carrier

The article says it's likely Verizon.

Brings a whole different meeting to "Who's on your network?"
    .: Grifter :.

Comment

The tangent of this story really goes to the heart of the updated Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and the changes they're working on between the House and Senate variations of the bill. Specifically, immunity for these telecoms if they acted in "good faith." The Senate has already passed that version, and just waiting on the House, or a conference compromise.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

has everyone seen this recent public happening by the Billboard Liberation Front?

no, that's not photoshop. i'm totally in love with the mission of these folks... to deface, alter, and otherwise reconstruct public nuisances like billboards and make them into amazing works of parody and satire, etc.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          has everyone seen this recent public happening by the Billboard Liberation Front?

no, that's not photoshop. i'm totally in love with the mission of these folks... to deface, alter, and otherwise reconstruct public nuisances like billboards and make them into amazing works of parody and satire, etc.
          rofl.. the bilboard is classic...

wow... nice to know our government respects our privacy...*coughing*
          lets hope its verizon and not at&t...
          unda est terminus. is iuguolo ambitus.

Comment

AT&T was already known to have a tap installed straight to the NSA. Now if Verizon is on-board as well how are citizens supposed to have any privacy left in their phone conversations.

What I would love to have is a cell phone that could do live encryption of caller data and transfer that over the wireless in such a way that both ends needed a private/public key to communicate so that the entire conversation is secure. As we all know it has become easy to crack GSM, and the phone companies themselves are sending our data anywhere the government wants!

Comment

Feds got you down? CryptoPhone. It rocks your socks and blocks their cocks.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

This is nothing new folks. If you want to keep stuff private you don't put it in the air, the wire, or write it down; it's as simple as that, The minute you communicate something to someone else it's no longer secret. If history has taught us nothing it has taught us that nothing stays secret forever.

We are very good at making things secret, keeping them that way is a totally different deal.

xor
                Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

The digital world was the best thing for the government. They no longer have to have equipment in switching buildings. They can tap directly into data feeds. I agree, if you want to keep a secret, dont put it on a computer, speak of it over any type of communication medium.
                  I saw your mom on myspace!

Comment

Working...
                  X