when will we see a time table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will we see a time table?

just a lists of the events and their possible times? i think im ready to send in the details of the defcon shoot to be added but when should we start submitting them?
    Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Re: when will we see a time table?

Originally posted by haden View Post
    just a lists of the events and their possible times? i think im ready to send in the details of the defcon shoot to be added but when should we start submitting them?
    Time tables show up about mid-July. You can probably now if you want, but don't expect to see anything for months.
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

There are some specific, established events that always have the same time slot, year after year. The ToxicBBQ, for example, is always Thursday afternoon and it's recently become established that theSummit follows later that same evening. Historically, SushiCon has been Wednesday evening but it's floated around in years past.

Where things get less clear are daytime events on days leading up to DefCon. The above-mentioned happenings work well in evenings chiefly due to the fact that people are either in town or not by the evening. That is to say, whomever is arriving on a certain day will be there in time for such an event. People who attempt to schedule something mid-day sometimes get wrapped up in "oooh... i wish it was going to be a little later, i don't touch down until three in the afternoon!" sort of conversations.

The early-AM nature of the DC Shoot we're discussing could work well for similar reasons, actually... since people will really need to arrive by the night before to participate. I think that arriving at the range right around when it opens is a great notion. I also think that, for now, keeping the shoot a very unofficial happening (maybe even without main page mention, who knows) will keep the group more exclusive (just those of us who are forum regulars and the people we personally invite).

Thoughts?
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        I also think that, for now, keeping the shoot a very unofficial happening (maybe even without main page mention, who knows) will keep the group more exclusive (just those of us who are forum regulars and the people we personally invite).
        This is what happened with Quarks. I asked OP if she wanted a sub-forum for it, and she initially said yes. Later, she decided that it wasn't really a defcon-wide event, but an event including a few people, and didn't need its own subforum. Instead she used the forums and other media distribution (PM, email, IM) to make arrangements and plans. She also didn't get this listed on the main Defcon page for each Defcon.

Other events like SushiCon, and SmooshiCon grew as a result of having their own subforum, and GM1 made the decision to include a subforum when I asked him.

Each events leader(s)/organizer(s) must decide this on their own.

Comment

I wonder what's going to happen with Quark's as an event given that Octal was traditionally the one to organize that but she's sort of down with the Allah now or some such, so I don't know what that means for her dancing any tango with alcohol.

I never actually made it to any evenings there, and i'm really eager to be a part of a warp core breech happening. maybe i can convince render to take one more ride through unstable space on that one.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Neil is working away to make the April 1st deadline to drop the new DC16 site, and with it will be updates, a place for a timetable, map, etc.

Because we have all the hotel space this year we have more room for events, so a clear schedule will be even more important. Once you have something figured out for time and location post it the appropriate forum and make an entry in the calendar as well.

Don't forget you can use the forum project tool if you need to plan something a bit more complicated.

Also working on a .mobi site for fast mobile browsing.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

i think the project tool might be the best place to plan the shoot so ill do so thier
              Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

I

I never actually made it to any evenings there, and i'm really eager to be a part of a warp core breech happening. maybe i can convince render to take one more ride through unstable space on that one.
                Alcohol and warp speed - if you need a co-pilot let me know. I will be arriving on Tuesday this year so it looks like if the shoot goes off on Thursday I may want to get on that too!
                DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                  Alcohol and warp speed - if you need a co-pilot let me know. I will be arriving on Tuesday this year so it looks like if the shoot goes off on Thursday I may want to get on that too!
                  I'm down for the trip to Quark's too, so count me in.

Comment

Warp core breech rocks. Totally. I am down for that.

-SN
                    -SN

Comment

Wednesday night seems to be offical Quarks night now.... iirc.
                      ======================================
                      DJ Jackalope
                      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                      ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                        Wednesday night seems to be offical Quarks night now.... iirc.
                        is that post-sushicon? i recall going to Quark's with Bruce and Heidi last year and the damn place was closed at some really early hour.
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

is that post-sushicon? i recall going to Quark's with Bruce and Heidi last year and the damn place was closed at some really early hour.
                          I don't think going to Quark's pre-sushiCon would be a good idea as (1) you might not be in any condition to drive (2) you might not be able to stand up straight or walk and (3) imagine what sushi would taste like after a couple of core breech's or a James T Kirk.

I am in favor of going post-sushiCon as I will be in town Wednesday this year and look forward to sushicon.
                          DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                            I am in favor of going post-sushiCon
                            oh yeah, i am in favor of it afterwards, as well... i'm just concerned about time. Quark's closes at 11PM so we can't make it an all-night hangout at the sushi restaurant if we want any time to drink casually. heh, a Warp Core Breech isn't something you can just toss back and dash out the door.
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

heh, a Warp Core Breech isn't something you can just toss back and dash out the door.
                              From what I hear, Renderman is an authority on that subject!.
                              DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X