DEFCON 16 Conference DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DEFCON 16 Conference DVD

Tommee Pickle's Cannonball run KTLA (?) newscast.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Comment

Job applications PDF files for IT positions in .gov. Include SF-171 and federal hiring guidelines. maybe the feds will help offset the cost of the DVDs.

Comment

I think that would be more meaningful to commemorate if we make a DVD,I will buy it the first!
        Walk myself the road,let others admire!!!

Comment

Raffy and I are going to officially release DAVIX - The Data Analysis & Visualization Live Linux CD - at Blackhat/DEFCON.

Why not make the DVD bootable with DAVIX and allow every one to test their data visualization skills during the conference?

Additionally, we are planning to organize a 2 hour fairly informal workshop to give interested attendees a hands-on introduction to DAVIX.

Comment

Originally posted by visard View Post
            Raffy and I are going to officially release DAVIX - The Data Analysis & Visualization Live Linux CD - at Blackhat/DEFCON.

Why not make the DVD bootable with DAVIX and allow every one to test their data visualization skills during the conference?

Additionally, we are planning to organize a 2 hour fairly informal workshop to give interested attendees a hands-on introduction to DAVIX.
            I have some space at DEF CON that you could do your class in if you would like.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

What about adding a secret menu on the DVD with some defcon and/or blackhat deleted scenes ;)
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

I don't know about this year.. but one could run driftnet on a SPANed port on the network and include all the pictures captured on next years! (pending removal of donkey pr0n, etc) ;-)
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

If you would be interested, dc949 is producing a few "training" videos for oCTF this year and maybe a reel with good parts from all of them might be good to go on the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                    I have some space at DEF CON that you could do your class in if you would like.
                    :surprised Woow that's awesome. We are happy to accept your offer for the space for our workshop. How do we proceed with further coordination?

Comment

* DC15's video content
                      * Donated e-books from the authors/publishers
                      * Old artwork and pictures from Def Cons past
                      * Favorite recipes for potato salad
                      * In astcell's vein of suggestion; ventilation blueprints, security's radio frequencies, surveilance camera layout
                      cows like candy

Comment

With the con nearing, we will have to for real start collecting stuff if we are going to build a DVD instead of a CD this year.

If you have stuff to contribute, please try uploading it to the pics.defcon.org server, and we can turn that into a gathering place for content.
                        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Well not enough interest this year for the DVD..

We should start sooner next year if we want to try it!

Comment

how about a photo archive of all past badges (and types, especially the UBER black ones!). Maybe a photo archive of the defCon tee's throughout the years too?

Exibar

Comment

Working...
                            X