Making a career out of hackerdom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making a career out of hackerdom?

sometimes, it's hard to predict our destiny. I used to study and finished computer science & information system but end up as a senior accountant... well, IT works still i wanted and hoping to be in that field on the near future.

Comment

Don't look at me, my degree is in Business Administration. I just happen to have 30+ years of experience in telecommunications, RF and security (physical and IT).
      DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
        Don't look at me, my degree is in Business Administration. I just happen to have 30+ years of experience in telecommunications, RF and security (physical and IT).
        Heh, you went to school to be a PHB!

Comment

Originally posted by barry99705 View Post
          Heh, you went to school to be a PHB!
          No, I went to school on PBR, thus ended up loosing my college deferment and having to join the Navy to avoid the draft. 28 years later I decided it was time to graduate.
          DaKahuna

Comment

I think noid has the best input for this subject than anybody. Though I have to disagree with a couple of things other people said. If your school isn't helping you to gain any skills to acquire a job in your field, or in any field, then maybe you're going to the wrong school. Or maybe I'm just used to small town schools where your teachers care about you. My average class size is somewhere between 20 and 30 people, not shoulder to shoulder Noah's Ark style of smash them in and shuffle them out. It's not a 300 person class, so the teacher knows everyone's name, and they actually care about what happens to you. If you aren't getting any of that from your school, it might be time to check out someplace else...

Comment

Working...
            X