Subjects and speakers for DefCon 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subjects and speakers for DefCon 16

I have been looking around searching for something about who is to speak and what the subjects are. When I fund nothing, I started looking for somewhere to suggest subjects and speakers. When I fund nothing I decided to make the thread myself, knowing that the good thing about suggestions is that nobody needs to follow them.

Personally I would like to hear something about the W3af project. I don’t know anybody in this project but expect that several of the key members must be DefCon users also

Maddmattz’ Backyard SuperComputer project is another subject I would like to hear something about.

Anybody else?

Regards
    Bufferzone

Re: Subjects and speakers for DefCon 16

Originally posted by bufferzone View Post
    I have been looking around searching for something about who is to speak and what the subjects are.
    The CFP for Defcon is still open (until May 15th). Only two speakers (for one presentation) have already been announced. You'll find that information here.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
      The CFP for Defcon is still open (until May 15th). Only two speakers (for one presentation) have already been announced. You'll find that information here.
      Whoops, let me spam the CFP to more places so everyone knows about it.
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
        All the above information is correct, thank you theprez98. Since reading this post we will work on coming up with a list of suggested topics and new hotness submissions that Defcon would like to see this year.
        Last edited by Nikita; April 11, 2008, 11:49. Reason: OOps...Thanked the wrong homie! My bad!
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
          Whoops, let me spam the CFP to more places so everyone knows about it.
          Originally posted by Nikita View Post
          All the above information is correct, thank you theprez98. Since reading this post we will work on coming up with a list of suggested topics and new hotness submissions that Defcon would like to see this year.
          Glad I could help.

Comment

Just to get an Idea, as a general inquiry, do you think it's better to have the subject parameters for CFP left wide open, or should DEFCON provide a suggested list of topics for submission?

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
              Just to get an Idea, as a general inquiry, do you think it's better to have the subject parameters for CFP left wide open, or should DEFCON provide a suggested list of topics for submission?
              I think both is appropriate.

You can come up with a suggested list, but make it clear that you'll take a look at anything that is relevant.

Comment

I have just received a presentation on something called Token Kidnapping in Windows Servers 2003 to 2008 and Windows clients XP to Vista. I would love to see this demonstrated. The presentation is, of course, not to specific and doesn't contain a proof of concept.

You can download the presentation her http://www.argeniss.com/research/TokenKidnapping.pdf and find more information on the web site. Maybe this could be a fun subject to have presented

Disclaimer: I don't have any relations with the company what so ever. Don't know any of the persons behind or have ever done business with the company or any persons related to this company (that I know of). I haven't been able to locate where they are based, but can say for sure that they are not Danish based.

Comment

Working...
                X