Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet @ Def Con

Hi guys,

is there any way to go online during the Def Con?
    Because it's important for me to check regularly E-Mails!.

Thanks for your reply.

Greetz Duck

Re: internet @ Def Con

Originally posted by Duck
    Hi guys,

is there any way to go online during the Def Con?
    Because it's important for me to check regularly E-Mails!.

Thanks for your reply.

Greetz Duck
    I would recommend using a dial up in the hotel room (or stay at one that provides high speed access) unless you want your mail sniffed.
    Last edited by Chris; April 22, 2002, 09:06.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

but an internet connection will be offered? for surfing, irc and so on?

Comment

Yes, but use at your own risk.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

hotel surfing

The only way I'll check e-mail is with a VPN connection back to the office and a firewall right by my laptop. Even then I wonder....
          Last edited by astcell; April 22, 2002, 13:08.

Comment

*cough* paranoid *cough*
            But he's right. Use the DC network at your own risk. Worse things can happen than just being sniffed.
            If you plug into the DC network, you should know what you're doing. If not, I suggest using a dialup connection from a hotel room. This method is almost completely secure, unless someone has a personal vendetta against you.

Comment

hehe :) ok.
              That's waht I thought.

Comment

people don't do damaging shit to the hardware do they? i was thinking of playing off a clean system in the network.. see what I could prevent, enjoy what I couldn't...
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I was just planning on either using an iPAQ setup or just using a laptop with fresh drive mainly to download speaker presentation material (if they use it), and for surfing/chatting on the slow speaks, looking up answers for hacker-jeopardy ;), and general sanctioned network testing, probing, and outright hacking... I haven't seen any rules for playing with the wifi networks on the dc pages, though if anyone knows anything in advance it would be nice to know, who knows if it is worth it to bring equipment that would probably be safer staying at the home-20?

Comment

Working...
                  X