Cheap consumer robot toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap consumer robot toy

Disney is releasing a dirt cheap robot as a promotion for the latest Disney Pixar film "WALL-E". It has 10 motors, an RF controller, and has some basic 'friendly robot' routines built in, according to the video on CNBC. It looks like it may be eminently hackable with the addition of some smarter controller hardware. Oh, L0st. Paging Dr. L0st...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/30/d...the-ironic-up/

Anyone got any pull with Disney? What are the chances we could get some for a bit of mad hardware hacking & warranty voiding at DC?
    Last edited by Thorn; May 13, 2008, 04:22. Reason: Typos
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Re: Cheap consumer robot toy

Damn, I gotta have one of these. My three grandkids would get a blast out of this thing.
    DaKahuna

Comment

First the Star Trek sickbay beds became reality on U.S. Naval ships.

Then the Star Trek communicator became reality as a clamshell cell phone.

And where have I seen that thing above?
      Last edited by Greyhatter; May 12, 2008, 17:41.

Comment

Does it serve drinks, and keep your beer cold :-).

Anyway looks very cool.

xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
          Damn, I gotta have one of these. My three grandkids would get a blast out of this thing.
          Only if you mount weapons on it.
          A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

This was supposedly introduced at Maker Faire, I did not see it at all :(. Now I am sad.

Comment

Working...
            X