X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Syntax]
    replied
    Re: Defcon Twitter

Several options for twitter if you have a smartphone, I tried CeTwit and TinyTwitter so far, also Twitula all work well.

At the moment, I give TinyTwit as the choice app. It lets you follow people easily, select a post and click timeline. It also has an audible alert for direct tweets,
    and allows you to set a variable refresh rate. 1min 4min 10min ect.

The thing all 3 apps are missing is an audible alert for public posts.

If anyone knows of something better Id like to know. Id rather leave this running in the background than set my phone to receive texts.
    Last edited by [Syntax]; August 2, 2008, 19:20.

Leave a comment:

• Grendel
    replied

Ok, going to give twitter a shot. Screen name is thomas_wilhelm

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Next year's uber-leet super-cool social networking application of choice will be called Twitball.

Leave a comment:

• BonzoESC
    replied

I'm on twitter as bonzoesc, and my friends' communal crap-fountain that's hilarious is shaniquab.

Leave a comment:

• jur1st
    replied

I'm easy enough to find...jur1st

Leave a comment:

• t0ttenkoph
    replied

Hello all!

I'm on there as tottenkoph.

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied

Well, I'm MissAbbyNormal on twitter. Or you can follow my group http://twitter.com/thearistocrats

Leave a comment:

• Lightfinger
    replied

I am trying to catch up on all the handles of folks on Twitter that I spy.

I'm Ltfngr on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied

Well, I'm following defcon16 but defcon16 isn't following me

Originally posted by veruus View Post
    Sweet idea... I can imagine the page overflowing very quickly though.
    I'd expect the same thing to happen with my Twitter timeline...

Leave a comment:

• veruus
    replied

Originally posted by bascule View Post
    What'd be really nice with a Defcon Twitter account is if there were a screen up somewhere showing the latest tweets from all the attendees.

There's a lot of overlap between Twitter and Dodgeball, however I don't know of anything on Dodgeball that's like the Twitter timeline (i.e. an inbox of all the messages your account has received)
    Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
    Sounds like the info booth might be a good place to have a spare projector and a twitter feed refresh running.
    Sweet idea... I can imagine the page overflowing very quickly though.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tangent
    replied

Sounds like the info booth might be a good place to have a spare projector and a twitter feed refresh running.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied

What'd be really nice with a Defcon Twitter account is if there were a screen up somewhere showing the latest tweets from all the attendees.

There's a lot of overlap between Twitter and Dodgeball, however I don't know of anything on Dodgeball that's like the Twitter timeline (i.e. an inbox of all the messages your account has received)

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied

Originally posted by mfreeck View Post
    I am wondering why we are splitting things between dodgeball and twitter?
    I'm with mfreeck. We had a decently successful Dodgeball service last year, and I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up another account without a compelling reason. Especially is Twitter is going to be down all weekend...

That being said, my biggest problem with Dodgeball last year was the latency. Ten to fifteen minute delays (which wasn't uncommon during Defcon) were simply too great for the kinds of events people were trying to broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• jur1st
    replied

I'm set up on twitter...worked pretty well during Shmoocon. There seem to be a bunch of these services that will cross post to a bunch of these twitter clones which might be an option to take care of everyone.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

Hey, works just fine in Vegas. Tons of us used it last year with great success

Leave a comment:

Working...
X