DC206 Camp Out - June 19 - 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC206 Camp Out - June 19 - 22

Like the rash you got from that 14 year old at Defcon last year, we just won't go away.

DC206 will be having its 4th annual camp out June 19-22. Here's the nifty part, anyone can come, even if you aren't from 206/425/253/360 land. The campground is a private location within the Lewis and Clark state park just south of the bustling metropolis that is Chehalis, WA.

The campground we are at has a large structure in the middle that is used for food prep, there are two pit toilets, a fire pit, and plenty of places to camp. There is hiking and other wilderness activities available.

Meee will be conducting the second Iron Chef challenge this year. The secret ingredient will be provided at the camp site.

Camping isn't free, but is close to it. I think that it comes out to around 3 bucks a person per night.

Lewis and Clark State Park

If you can't come for the whole thing, thats fine too. You only pay for the nights you are there.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Re: DC206 Camp Out - June 19 - 22

w o o t ! !
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Sounds like a good place to be for the solstice
      If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

You actually gonna make it this year? :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

We are trying to work out the logistics with the kiddo. Definitely working towards making it happen this year. We had just gotten ourselves setup with a camper on the PU and have been wanting to try it out.
          If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

that would be awesome ... i suspect this year to be equal or greater fun than any prior (exceptional) campouts. at least, that has been the trend since this thing started
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Fun has been trending upwards over the last 12 quarters. Current projections show a fun yield of at least 20% over last years numbers.

I think if we leverage our existing synergies with the chipmunks and the slug population we can deliver a win-win solution that will make the shareholders very happy.

Comment

Reminder: The camp out is this Thursday - Sunday.

The first group (Task Force Lima Oscar Lima) will be deploying from Seattle at 1200 on Thursday the 22nd. Our first rally point will be the rest stop at mile post 140 (Southbound I-5, around Sea-Tac). We expect to be there around 1300 hours. From there we will be heading south with our next stop being at the new Cabela's store in Lacey, WA.

With any luck we will hit FOB Chipmunk around 1500 hours and begin the immediate deployment of beanie-weenies.

We don't really have an exit strategy for Sunday..

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to the dc206 group for setting up the campout. We really had a good time and enjoyed the conversation and the company. We already have been thinking about how we can better contribute for next time.

Thanks for hosting!

Comment

Saw some of the pictures, and they show fun -- too much fun. Stop it! Your fun is making me jealous. Maybe next year. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X