Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

    For those of you who haven't seen Idiocracy, Brawndo is the energy drink in the movie. Someone got the license to actually make it...and they'll have a booth at DC16.

    http://www.brawndo.com

    Al K. Lloyd

    PS: It also has what plants crave.
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

  • #2
    Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

    That is just so wrong
    Never drink anything larger than your head!





    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

      Does this business model actually make any sense?

      1. Manufacture fictional energy drink from poorly marketed movie that very few people saw.
      2. ????
      3. Profit?

      And it gets worse, I read a story on fark or digg (can't remember). There's a show coming out called "Hurl" where they make people nauseous and the last person to vomit wins. The website mentioned "Ow, My Balls!" airdate has been moved up to fall 2009,

      Al
      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

        Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
        For those of you who haven't seen Idiocracy, Brawndo is the energy drink in the movie. Someone got the license to actually make it...and they'll have a booth at DC16.

        http://www.brawndo.com

        Al K. Lloyd

        PS: It also has what plants crave.

        Hmmm, if people like that I'm sure streaker with sell you some Brown25 cheap. :-)

        Al K. Lloyd? Parents had a sense of humor huh? :-)

        xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

          Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
          Does this business model actually make any sense?

          1. Manufacture fictional energy drink from poorly marketed movie that very few people saw.
          Apparently, this is enough for them.

          It's also a very bad movie, IMO.
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

            Originally posted by xor View Post
            Hmmm, if people like that I'm sure streaker with sell you some Brown25 cheap. :-)

            xor
            By the pressurized truckload, just give me an address where you'd like it delivered.
            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

              Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
              For those of you who haven't seen Idiocracy, Brawndo is the energy drink in the movie. Someone got the license to actually make it...and they'll have a booth at DC16.

              http://www.brawndo.com

              Al K. Lloyd

              PS: It also has what plants crave.
              This isn't 100% true. There will be no Brawdo booth @ con. You can thank the Riv for this.

              Brawndo wanted to have a booth, But the Riv wanted to charge an excessive corkage fee per can of Brawndo given away. Yes, the Riv wanted to charge them to give you free soda.

              Brawndo will be sending some of their people to con, and there will be free samples at some of the unofficial events, but no vendor room booth.

              I hope you will get to try Brawndo, they sent me some samples, and it's really good! Tastes great (nice lemon lime flavor) and loaded with caffeine! It kicks Red Bulls ass!

              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                This isn't 100% true. There will be no Brawdo booth @ con. You can thank the Riv for this.

                Brawndo wanted to have a booth, But the Riv wanted to charge an excessive corkage fee per can of Brawndo given away. Yes, the Riv wanted to charge them to give you free soda.

                Brawndo will be sending some of their people to con, and there will be free samples at some of the unofficial events, but no vendor room booth.

                I hope you will get to try Brawndo, they sent me some samples, and it's really good! Tastes great (nice lemon lime flavor) and loaded with caffeine! It kicks Red Bulls ass!
                But...it's got electrolytes.

                Seriously, Icetre, Ninjas...there appears to be no end to the Riviera's dickitry. My fondest hope for DC17 is that we get the hell out of there into a place where this stuff is worked out from day one.

                And I have heard good things about Brawndo's flavor.

                Al
                "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                  Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
                  For those of you who haven't seen Idiocracy, Brawndo is the energy drink in the movie. Someone got the license to actually make it...and they'll have a booth at DC16.

                  http://www.brawndo.com

                  Al K. Lloyd

                  PS: It also has what plants crave.

                  Off the subject - but!
                  Alklloyd do you play CoD?
                  Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are, indeed, transmission errors.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                    Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
                    But...it's got electrolytes.

                    Seriously, Icetre, Ninjas...there appears to be no end to the Riviera's dickitry. My fondest hope for DC17 is that we get the hell out of there into a place where this stuff is worked out from day one.

                    And I have heard good things about Brawndo's flavor.

                    Al
                    Every time I think the Riv has done the dumbest thing yet, they go and out do themselves. Getting out of there is going to be the best thing we can do. Frankly, I don't care if we stay in Vegas, I'm sure there are other towns that would love to have us!

                    I just wish this had happened sooner. We should have been looking for a new hotel after the fist years mess. I'm a little upset that the problem had to go this far before anyone was willing to take action.

                    The Riv is dishonest, they are liars and thieves. Why no one wanted to listen before I'll never know.

                    But the important thing is something is being done.

                    Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
                    And I have heard good things about Brawndo's flavor.

                    Al
                    I really like it, it's good stuff. I am looking forward to Diet Brawndo as well. They also may be making an alcoholic version in the future.
                    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                      Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                      I just wish this had happened sooner. We should have been looking for a new hotel after the fist years mess. I'm a little upset that the problem had to go this far before anyone was willing to take action.

                      The Riv is dishonest, they are liars and thieves. Why no one wanted to listen before I'll never know.
                      It's likely that they (being DT and crew) signed a contract with the Riv that had a term of a couple of years. This may have had benefits that were important at the time but likely have been lost in the mess that is the current situation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                        Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                        Frankly, I don't care if we stay in Vegas, I'm sure there are other towns that would love to have us
                        while i'm rarely one who believes that tradition is a reason for anything to be done in a certain way, i will grant that Vegas sort of is the "spiritual home" of DEFCON and thinking of it somewhere else makes my brain go all fuzzy for a moment.

                        that said... it would be pretty fucking hilarious if we were to descend upon a place like Reno for one year and see how it goes, hah.

                        of course... all of this talk is pretty moot since i don't forsee Black Hat moving venues any time soon and DEFCON has to take place in the same town at about the same time as that venture.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                          Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                          while i'm rarely one who believes that tradition is a reason for anything to be done in a certain way, i will grant that Vegas sort of is the "spiritual home" of DEFCON and thinking of it somewhere else makes my brain go all fuzzy for a moment.

                          that said... it would be pretty fucking hilarious if we were to descend upon a place like Reno for one year and see how it goes, hah.
                          Seattle might be another option, since it was another city explicitly mentioned in WarGames as an American city to "nuke" in addition to Las Vegas when two main characters were discussing the American cities to nuke.

                          No. I am not being serious.
                          Last edited by TheCotMan; July 8, 2008, 20:35.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                            Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                            Seattle might be another option, since it was another city explicitly mentioned in WarGames
                            heh, it's too bad that Colorado Springs is a rather expensive community, because we could move the con close to Cheyenne Mountain.
                            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                            - Trent Reznor

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Brawndo@DC16...it's got electrolytes!

                              Originally posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
                              Off the subject - but!
                              Alklloyd do you play CoD?
                              No, every now and then Unreal Tournament 3.

                              Al K. Lloyd
                              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X