hillarious video coverage of furry convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillarious video coverage of furry convention

good for some laughs... KDKA in Pittsburgh sends a reporter to a Furry Con (with video goodness on the page, after you set your NoScript plugin to "lay down all arms")

Furry Enthusiasts Back In 'Burgh For Convention
    If you've seen animals roaming the streets of Pittsburgh, there's no need to worry, it's just that thousands of furry enthusiast have returned to town for their annual meeting at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.

Like any other conference, the Anthrocon Convention features workshops, panel discussions and vendors, but the attendees ... they dress like animals. Attendees say they like to imagine what it would be like if animals could walk and talk like humans.
    heh, furries... always good for a laugh. when the reporter tried to ask if there was anything sexual about the furry phenomenon, i almost spit water on the screen.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: hillarious video coverage of furry convention

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    when the reporter tried to ask if there was anything sexual about the furry phenomenon, i almost spit water on the screen.
    Heh. I love how the organizer of the event feigns ignorance of the sexual subculture that exists. For evidence, I give you exhibit A:

http://us.vclart.net/vcl/

From which I quote:

Warning: This site contains some artistic, adult-oriented material. Some artwork will offend some viewers. Please read the full warning before continuing.

Comment

So like...
      I am pretty sure the fox in this picture is my DJ partner, Tekfox.

http://http://kdka.com/slideshows/Fu...052.html?rid=2

And omg that guy denying the whole sexual thing was way out of hand, I have heard way too many stories about Furry cons and they all make pool2girl tame. I am convinced the only group of people who have more fun than we do at cons is the furries.
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

No, over-enthusiastic, easily-amused news reporter lady, there is not any grinding up against other animals. There is, however, lots of grinding up against other people in animal suits.

Also, there's a fine line between "Officially at Con" and private events. You won't find "Romanesque Orgy" on their schedule - but you'll probably find one somewhere in a hotel nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Wing View Post
          ... "Romanesque Orgy" on their schedule - but you'll probably find one somewhere in a hotel nearby.
          I don't know about orgies, but there is plenty of examples of 1 on 1 sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Hl5-4r4JQ

Comment

I for one welcome our new furry overlords...
            If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

I think I could take the furry fetish more seriously if the costumes didn't look so outrageously cumbersome and silly. For instance, Jenny the Bat was cute, but girl dressed up in enormous bobble-head and matted furry underoos. Not as much. If nothing else, consider the logistics of kissing and holding hands with oven mitts and Disney helms on. Brr.
              " 'Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation' yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation."
              - Willard Orman Van Quine

Comment

Originally posted by moleprince View Post
                I think I could take the furry fetish more seriously if the costumes didn't look so outrageously cumbersome and silly. .
                All the fur suits I have seen and heads that I have held are really super light. I have friends who go skiing in their's. (OMG I sooooo want to go see that!) (SO FUN!)
                DJ Jackalope
                dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Aren't the furries just as normal as those people that were dressed in anime costumes at the last Shmoocon?
                  A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                    All the fur suits I have seen and heads that I have held are really super light. I have friends who go skiing in their's. (OMG I sooooo want to go see that!) (SO FUN!)
                    Try skiing with night vision goggles on. Same effect, no peripheral vision, but with the added benefit of no depth perception.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                      Aren't the furries just as normal as those people that were dressed in anime costumes at the last Shmoocon?
                      I refer to exhibit A: The Geek Hierarchy as handed down from on high by Lore. http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchartbig.gif

Cosplay isn't on the chart, but I'd personally add it between 'Anime Fans Who Use the Term "Japanimation"' and 'Pokemon Fans Over the Age of Six'.

Comment

OH SH- Im on the bottom of that chart!
                        *Reconsiders the babylon 5 furfic - im a platypus

The biggest problem I see with the concept of furries is the gross over generalizations that people make about them. True, some are total nuts however many are just normal people who like the concept of anthro. Though that couple in the tiger outfits....

Comment

Doesn't Dow-Corning make some sort of product to deal with this?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                            Doesn't Dow-Corning make some sort of product to deal with this?
                            I'm not sure, but I believe Winchester makes several products that could deal with it quite effectively.
                            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by ic434 View Post
                              The biggest problem I see with the concept of furries is the gross over generalizations that people make about them. True, some are total nuts however many are just normal people who like the concept of anthro. Though that couple in the tiger outfits....
                              I think thats true of any subculture though, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X