x-stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x-stop

Please someone, i need to bypass the stupid X-stop in my school PC, if someone knows a page or something, please tell me.
    I think, therefore i exist.

Re: x-stop

Originally posted by k3ym4st3r
    Please someone, i need to bypass the stupid X-stop in my school PC, if someone knows a page or something, please tell me.
    I'm not overly familiar with X-Stop. However, try the following:

- Use an anonymous proxy such as anonymizer. Seach google for 'anonymous proxies' or similar for a list.

- If the proxies are blocked, try hitting them by their IP address. Hopefully they're not doing content filtering and what you're looking for will actually get to you.

Comment

Or use JAP. The Java Anonymous Proxy. Works like a charm.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Re: Re: x-stop

Originally posted by skroo

I'm not overly familiar with X-Stop. However, try the following:
        - If the proxies are blocked, try hitting them by their IP address. Hopefully they're not doing content filtering and what you're looking for will actually get to you.
        X-Stop is list based. Since it's based on people finding bad sites and proxies, proxies won't work, as the also block their ip addresses (and sometimes their whole range. X is particularly nasty in that it even blocks sites that discuss getting around Xstop or say that Xstop is not a great thing (like EFF).

One of the foolproof ways to get around it (until they develop a better fool) is to have friends set up an anonymous proxy. Since it's not a "published" site it shouldn't show up on their radar.
        justazero -
        "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
        - George Santayana

Comment

I still think JAP would be unaffected by this, as you use yourself as the proxy and the JAP program takes care of the rest.
          Check out http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

i need some online program, i can't install nothing!!!
            I think, therefore i exist.

Comment

This may not help, as I am not 3Li+3 or anything, but you might try using a boot disk and REMing out the xstop.exe (or whatever) in autoexec.bat. Reboot, when you finish take out the REM and reboot (and trash the history).

Of course, if someone is looking over your shoulder all the time this wouldn't be a good thing...

Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

I would suggest clearing the cmos, booting off a floppy and giving the school a taste of nix. I'm sure you could find some slack disk sets mirrored somewhere on the net.
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                  This may not help, as I am not 3Li+3 or anything, but you might try using a boot disk and REMing out the xstop.exe (or whatever) in autoexec.bat. Reboot, when you finish take out the REM and reboot (and trash the history).
                  Perhaps on a DOS based system, but chances are a Windows based system would be running x-stop as some type of service. I haven't played with X-stop, so I am not sure how it is running on a system. This, which would mean you would have to be able to have access to edit the registry with administrator access to change the values ... but since you have the administrator access, you may as well just stop the service, or drop the application...
                  Anyhow checking one of my anti-filtering web sites you can read more about x-stop here:
                  http://www.peacefire.org/censorware/X-Stop/
                  and you can download and run Peacefire.exe which will bypass x-stop along with many other filter apps.
                  http://www.peacefire.org/bypass/
                  for windows 98 only
                  Works against: SurfWatch, Cyber Patrol, CYBERsitter, Net Nanny, X-Stop, PureSight and Cyber Snoop.
                  (Does not work against "server-level" blocking programs, including AOL Parental Controls, Bess, SmartFilter, WebSENSE, and I-Gear. In general, this program will not work against censorware programs used in schools, but it will work against home censorware programs except for AOL Parental Controls.)

Peacefire.exe has been tested with the latest versions of these programs available as of 12/17/2000. If your blocking software was installed before then, Peacefire.exe should be able to disable it, but you shouldn't use it to attempt to disable any blocking programs installed after that date.

Comment

I use JAP...got pass my schools server.
                    ~:CK:~
                    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                      I use JAP...got pass my schools server.
                      except JAP has to be installed...

Comment

If ya burn the JAP installer and the main file to a cd your good to go, but since your school has a full access preventer, that could take some time. I hate censorship in schools.
                        ~:CK:~
                        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Working...
                        X