• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA vs. passenger

Video never shows the whole story, but this one looks interesting:
    http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=517608
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Re: TSA vs. passenger

She might have a really good case on the excessive force, as the initial slam into a metal chair was completely uncalled for, she was not showing any signs of being violent.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
      She might have a really good case on the excessive force, as the initial slam into a metal chair was completely uncalled for, she was not showing any signs of being violent.
      Yeah, I agree with that. I guess I should also clarify that it was the airport police officer, not the TSA, who slammed her into the chair.

Comment

anyone have a suggestion for how to make that video play in a proper (non-WMV) manner? all my usual tricks for pulling down streamed content and re-encoding it involve tools that i don't have on this box.

good lord, why does any web site use non-flash based solutions for video anymore?
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
          anyone have a suggestion for how to make that video play in a proper (non-WMV) manner? all my usual tricks for pulling down streamed content and re-encoding it involve tools that i don't have on this box.

good lord, why does any web site use non-flash based solutions for video anymore?
          Because flash is wicked and evil.
          A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

Sadly, I had to use WMV, nothing else worked.

Comment

Nothing I have on my computer will play it.

Comment

Working...
              X