This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any consensus on the overflow hotel?

I am apparently one of the many who did not reserve a hotel room before they sold out. It appears that Circus Circus or the Hilton are the two closest. Circus Circus is by far the oddest hotel I saw on my last trip to Vegas, but it is cheap and close. Hilton has the geek appeal of the Star Trek bar, but is a slightly longer walk. Which of these two (or others?) is anyone thinking of using as an overflow hotel?

Re: Any consensus on the overflow hotel?

You may want to look into the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Strip (There's also a Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Las Vegas Hilton and a Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo. Don't get confused) - it's about halfway between the Sahara and the Riv, on the other side of the strip - a bit of a hike, but not too much.

It's also cheap for what you get. Your rooms don't come with complimentary genital warts like Circus Circus, and it doesn't cost a trazillion dollars like the Hilton.

I think you can get a regular guest room for close to $100. I've got a top-end 720ft suite for $180. There's a studio room in the middle there at around $130 I think.

Bottom end, they're about the same. Grand Vacations tops out lower than the Hilton proper, but the price difference is just fantastic.

Grand Vacations has no restaurants, however - so it's strictly eat out or bring your own. And it's not going to be filled with Star Trek nerds (remember, the Trek convention is in town at the same time as Defcon)

Basically, if you need a room to stagger back to drunk, I'd do the LV Hilton (because you're less likely to die going in that direction). If you need a room to sleep in, I'd do either the HGVC, a cheap room at the LV Hilton, or a room up the road at Sahara. I can't come up with any legitimate reason at all to stay at Circus Circus.

Comment

The Hilton across from the Riv is running a deal right now for $135 for the trek con attendees. Not sure if they have any rooms available at that rate, but it's worth a check. I believe all you need to do is mention that you're attending the trek con.

Comment

Any comments on the Rodeway Inn?
        It seems to be a very short walk across a parking lot, and is pretty cheap.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...KTbZ4i6m_ZvlNg

It is E on the map

Comment

Working...
        X